Entered using Advance Parole: weird I-94 stamp

Priya_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I recently entered the U.S. using my Advance Parole (my I-485 application is pending). Upon entry, the immigration officer put the following stamp on my I-94:

PAROLED pursuant to Sec. 212 (d) (5) of the I & N Act to: MAY 30, 2006.

That is, the stamp validity is until May 30, 2006 (valid exactly for 1 year from the day I entered the U.S).

Now my question is - will I be out of status after May 30, 2006, even if my I-485 is pending then? Do I need to take any corrective action then? I am very confused, could anyone please help me with this situation?

Thanks!
Priya

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi waiting_for_485/Priya_GC ,

This is a very dumb question from me. But I am going to India an AP and upon re-entry, do I still have to fill an I-94 and stand in the Visitor line at the immigration or this happens through the US resident line ? Also someone told me that when one enters using an AP, an interview is conducted in a separate room for both the applicants. Did this happen with you also?

Your answers would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Waiting_4GC
I-485 - Self,Spouse and Son - RD 04/08/2004 - AD ????
I-140 - AD - 01/06/2005
H1 has already expired. AP valid till May 2006.

Waiting_4GC,

Yes, you have to fill in a new I-94.

I stood in visitor line.

My process was simple - I went to an immigration officer and he asked me about my status. I told him about AP and gave him my Passport and AP. He asked me to come back to a room on the side after about 5-10 minutes. They did some checks (I am assuming). When I went there in about 5-10 minutes, they said your passport is ready. They gave my passport, stamped I-94 and stamped Advance Parole back to me.

Hope this helps.

Priya

Hi Priya_GC/waiting_for_485,

Are you still in H1 status? Did you lose that by using AP?

Thanks!

sinai said:
Hi Priya_GC/waiting_for_485,

Are you still in H1 status? Did you lose that by using AP?

Thanks!

One does not loose his/her visa status by using AP.

Hello All,

What happens in a scenarion where I have an H1 extension approval, went to India, decided not to get it stamped, but came back to the US with an AP. I am goin out of US with an AP in hand.

Does it mean I am no longer on H1 and am on EAD ?

Regards

Priya

What airport were you at?

I was at LA airport on 5/25/05. There was a line for AP holders. I did not get stopped for additional specition. The officer took my FP and picture. After a few questions, the passport was stamped and I was admitted.

Priya_GC said:
Waiting_4GC,

Yes, you have to fill in a new I-94.

I stood in visitor line.

My process was simple - I went to an immigration officer and he asked me about my status. I told him about AP and gave him my Passport and AP. He asked me to come back to a room on the side after about 5-10 minutes. They did some checks (I am assuming). When I went there in about 5-10 minutes, they said your passport is ready. They gave my passport, stamped I-94 and stamped Advance Parole back to me.

Hope this helps.

Priya

617D said:
Priya

What airport were you at?

I was at LA airport on 5/25/05. There was a line for AP holders. I did not get stopped for additional specition. The officer took my FP and picture. After a few questions, the passport was stamped and I was admitted.
Hmmm ... I entered via LAX this January ...
yes - there were 2 separate officers for processing AP cases ....
but for AP folks, they did not take the FP and photo .... it was done for everyone else (H/B etc)

Maybe they've changed it to include AP holders as well .... oh well !

Well, I entered from Canada on AP last week and they didn't take my photos / fingerprints (even though I was an special registrant before).

Same here

Same here... they did not take my FP or photo because I was a AP holder. They were doing that for other people with Visas.