Enquiry with FBI

GC_GC1

Registered Users (C)
I talked to a representative at FBI to enquire the status of my fingerprinting that was done on 11/28/05. She took my A# and read out from the computer saying something like this, "your case has been returned on 11/28/05 to USCIS....." I did not understand the rest. I asked if what she read meant that the verification was done, she said yes.
Did I understand correctly?
I am confused. Kindly help.... Eb1 doc?

GC_GC1 said:
I talked to a representative at FBI to enquire the status of my fingerprinting that was done on 11/28/05. She took my A# and read out from the computer saying something like this, "your case has been returned on 11/28/05 to USCIS....." I did not understand the rest. I asked if what she read meant that the verification was done, she said yes.
Did I understand correctly?
I am confused. Kindly help.... Eb1 doc?

I remember reading in past such response ...which essentially meant that they have returned the report to USCIS.

Hi, GC GC1

I called FBI at 304-625-5590 for the status of my name check. The person I talked to told me they do not answer questions from CIS customers. How can you get them to look at your case?

Thank you

HL128

I called 304-625-2406. I spoke to a receptionist I guess. She then transferred me to another line after telling me to choose the "speak to customer service agent" option. I did so. The customer service person asked me my A# and told me the status. By the way, I called them just yesterday (3/13/06) at around lunch time (1245 hrs).
Guess I got lucky ! Good luck.

GC_GC1 said:
I called 304-625-2406. I spoke to a receptionist I guess. She then transferred me to another line after telling me to choose the "speak to customer service agent" option. I did so. The customer service person asked me my A# and told me the status. By the way, I called them just yesterday (3/13/06) at around lunch time (1245 hrs).
Guess I got lucky ! Good luck.

Thank you for your information. Different representatives may have different ways of handling this matter. I will try again.

Good luck to you too!

GC_GC1 said:
I talked to a representative at FBI to enquire the status of my fingerprinting that was done on 11/28/05.
GC-GC1 was talking about fingerprint check, HL128 is asking about name check... Two different things... To learn FC status - no problems, for NC FBI is not accepting calls...

ls691035 said:
GC_GC1 said:
I talked to a representative at FBI to enquire the status of my fingerprinting that was done on 11/28/05.
GC-GC1 was talking about fingerprint check, HL128 is asking about name check... Two different things... To learn FC status - no problems, for NC FBI is not accepting calls...

Thank you very much for your clarfication

Hey, thanks for letting me know. I was under the impression that both name check and FP check are the same. Can you kindly enlighten me about them and what is to be done for name check?