Enquiry:Does it help

sammyboy

Registered Users (C)
Wondering if an enquiry will help expedite the process. If so what do i do ? Call the number or is there any other ways?
RD-Sept 2002
WAC-03-003-5xxxx
2nd FP -March 2004
RFE- May 2004

still waiting ...

We've been talking a lot about it here. It seems that there's no good answer: there'll be as many people who'd claim theie inquiries made all the difference, while there are other who claim that inquiries just make CIS be pissed at you. See my case, I've been sending many inquiries and they maybe did make them look at my case,but I got transferred, which prolongs my case for quite some time.
So I'd say send an inquiry or two, follow the inquiry procedure. Probably it won't make a difference; If you hear from them, it'll be "allow us sufficient time to process your case"

It does seem to help

My case was pending for over three weeks after RFE and so I call the national support line.

The person checked the status and told that it with an office and should expect a decision soon. But did not tell the number of days.

LUD changed the next day and I got my approval notice in three days.

I dont know if this was just coincidence. But it does not harm if you check on the status.

Mitwaaa

At last got my approval dated Aug 18th. Mine was a substitute Labor case pending since April 2002. I never worked for the sponsoring company until I responded to the RFE ( with just one pay stub from the spons employee) . I changed after I got the RFE and produced just one pay stub.

The online status still shows... "Received your response for the RFE......"

But I received my approval notice (and my wife's) via mail on Saturday Aug 21.

I responded to RFE with two years w2, three months paystub, request to abandon my OLD Gc filing, sponsoring companies financials for three years.. etc

Here are my details:

WAC 02 169 5 *****
I 140 and Substitute labor filed in OCT 2001

I 140 approved in March 2002

I 485 filed in April 2002

FP done in April 2002

Second FP done in April 2004

First EAD received in AUG 2002
First AP received in OCT 2002

Second EAD received in Aug 2003
Second AP received in OCT 2003

Third EAD received in Aug 2004 ( they gave me for six months . since my EAD renewal was more than 90 days old and my EAD application is still pending)

What are the documents and paper work required for stamping?

Thanks,
MITWAA

As ruxrux just mentioned, there is no clear answer. I sent a fax in mid july asking for a second FP since my first FP had expired. Three weeks later I got the second FP notice. I dont know it was just a coincidence.

Mitwaaa said:
My case was pending for over three weeks after RFE and so I call the national support line.

The person checked the status and told that it with an office and should expect a decision soon. But did not tell the number of days.

LUD changed the next day and I got my approval notice in three days.

I dont know if this was just coincidence. But it does not harm if you check on the status.

MITWAA

What number did u call?

mygcwaiter100
I also did an enquiry followed by one by my lawyer...I am also waiting for second FP. Did your LUD change? Mine changed on 8/19/04. Please update this thread when you get the second FP notice.
Regards,
485someday
WAC-03-033-xxxxx

No my LUD didnt change. I will update once i get 2nd FP. Seems like they could have issued you one as ur LUD changed...

485someday said:
mygcwaiter100
I also did an enquiry followed by one by my lawyer...I am also waiting for second FP. Did your LUD change? Mine changed on 8/19/04. Please update this thread when you get the second FP notice.
Regards,
485someday
WAC-03-033-xxxxx

I sent fax requesting 2nd FP on Aug 18. My lawyer was supposed to send a request next day. No change in LUD so far.