Enhanced Border Security And Visa Entry Reform Act

cyrustg

Hi All:
I am writing to you concerning the "ENHANCED BORDER SECURITY AND VISA ENTRY REFORM ACT" that has been causing alot of concerns for me lately. I am an Iranian citizen who escaped with his parents in the year of 1992 to Germany and was granted political asylum there. I have been studying in Iowa since 1998, and currently attending the University of Northern Iowa. I am not a terrorist, I don\'t even agree with any of the actions that Iran\'s government has undertaken in the past decades, which was also the reason why my father had to escape from Iran to save his and his family\'s life. My only crime is that I am the citizen of a terrorism-sponsoring country to which I can’t even ever return. I had planned to visit my parents in Germany this summer, but now I am not sure if I will be allowed to reenter the US to continue my studies here.
The embassy in Germany has issued me a few visas already on my past visits. When I applied for my F1-visa the first time they also did the state-department background check.
Does anybody know how this law, once in effect, would affect people in my situation. If I don\'t return to Germany will they deport me? Thank you all for your advice.