Endorsement of PIO

rrajendr

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My son is an US citizen who has unexpired PIO with the old US passport. Recently he got his new US passport . We have a upcoming travel plan to India and I have the below questions w.r.t to his PIO

1)Is PIO endorsement mandatory with the new US passport?
2)If the answer to the question 1) above is a "No", then how can he use the PIO card to enter into India? He has both the old US passport and new US passport with him. Also, please share your recent experiences on using PIO to enter into India, without PIO endorsement with the new US passport.

Thanks

Hi I was just following up on this. I know this question has been asked a million times, but I am asking it again - especially if anyone has had any problems since the transfer to Cox in March 2014. The problem is the website seems to definitely state that you need the PIO endorsed. I emailed the folks at Cox and that is what they said - you absolutely need an endorsement. However the "practice" of this might be different - it looks as if most people are fine travelling with the old passport. We were fine travelling with the old passport three years ago.

My 2 kids have new passports and an old PIO card. We are travelling in 5 weeks, so there is no time. The problem is that I got my PIO (and then transferred to OCI) around fifteen years ago, but even for tourist visa, they seem to ask for parent's renunciation certificate, and I never had one. So - should I take the risk of just travelling, or should we risk applying for an endorsement/tourist visa?

Thanks for any help, or any recent experiences....