End of the tunnel

wallst_wizz

Registered Users (C)
is not so near. Seems like NSC is sleeping. Come on, WakeUp NSC, Show some spirit. Get the Gold, beat VSC and CSC AND TSC.

wallst_wizz said:
is not so near. Seems like NSC is sleeping. Come on, WakeUp NSC, Show some spirit. Get the Gold, beat VSC and CSC AND TSC.

seems like you are thinking that they come to this web site quite often....nice thought.

I am not sure they even get into this URL. and BTW, they are not even competing, it's enough for them to show they are processing. I would not be surprised if NSC "won" the "rate of change in LUD" turnament or got second...for USCIS, that's good enough..

NSC is aproving up to Feb 03 now, but it sounds he is working on all the ready cases from Feb 02 to Feb 03

The only possible reasoning (if we can get any solace from this) is that its the last few days of Summer Vacation GUYS!!!!

So obviously folks in NSC are vacationing.... An already inefficient system is therefore standstill .. as you can imagine that all of them must have gone for vacation at the same time ...inefficiency at its quintessence...!!!

Hopefully once the vacation is over (whenever that may be ....usually after Labor day wkend..but with NSC one never knows :rolleyes: ) we should see some lethargic movement... :D

- (un?) lucky65

wallst_wizz said:
You can see at rupnet that this August NSC approved lots of cases with RD later than 1 February - in fact most of them much later even from November 2002. I'd like to think the processing times at their website are simply not udated.

Stonewall - They may be processing Nov 2002 or even Jan 2003 fort that matter...but the sheer speed at which they are doing it and also the faulty process that they using has compounded the problems even more..and reduced their speed of adjudications.

lucky65 said:
Stonewall - They may be processing Nov 2002 or even Jan 2003 fort that matter...but the sheer speed at which they are doing it and also the faulty process that they using has compounded the problems even more..and reduced their speed of adjudications.

USCIS speed: As of June 2004 "Total pending applications reached 4,614,741...Major volumes of pending applications at the end of June 2004 include: 1,982,394 I-130 relative petitions; 1,227,840 I-485 permanent resident adjustments; 474,850 I-90 Green Card renewals/replacements; and 229,853 I-765 employment authorizations." (from http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/aboutus/statistics/msrjune04/BENEFIT.HTM) and that is without asylees, refugees etc. Pending, according to USCIS are those that are beyond their projected proccesing time - so the real number is even greater. It is obvous they have not enough people to process all these.

lucky65 said:
Forgot to add: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=140762 for checking on the I-485 application procedures - pretty straightforward and very formalized - so I guess they have not a sufficient number of adjudication officers.

So what is this then?
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138787

10 BY MR. KHANNA:
11 Q. One of the reasons for backlog is lack of
12 resources; is that correct?
13 A. It's one of many reasons, yes.
14 Q. One of the resources that you use is your
15 adjudicating officers; is that correct?
16 A. That is correct. That's one of many
17 resources.
18 Q. To eliminate the backlog, how many more
19 adjudicating officers do you need?
20 A. I don't have the exact number. I think
21 we have enough in the pipeline that we have hired
22 because we went through this exercise a while back
1 to look at how many adjudicators we need. I don't
2 have the exact numbers. And I think the resources
3 are allocated as far as assigning numbers or
4 assigning the -- giving us the authority to hire
5 people, but the hiring process itself takes time.
6 And also if I have a brand new
7 adjudicator on board today, I have to send that
8 person to Glynco for training. Once he or she gets
9 back from Glynco -- I cannot give them a 485. So,
10 they have to go through a training process.
11 Q. Your answer as I understand it -- let me
12 rephrase the part that I need to rephrase. Correct
13 me if I'm wrong, of course. Your answer is that as
14 far as resources related to adjudicating officers
15 are concerned, you have sufficient numbers in the
16 pipeline today?
17 A. To meet the backlog elimination plan
18 goals.

npnjan02 said:
So what is this then?
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138787

Correct
13 me if I'm wrong, of course. Your answer is that as
14 far as resources related to adjudicating officers
15 are concerned, you have sufficient numbers in the
16 pipeline today?
17 A. To meet the backlog elimination plan
18 goals.[/COLOR]

I guess PP refers to an existing plan to eliminate backlog by the end of 2006 - like I-485 process should take 6 months or so. On the other hand in the same document PP asserts that they have no clue how long does it take per case to be adjudicated. If you have some info on what calculation is the projected 2006 backlog removal based, let me know please.