End of I-485 Journey !

Delliwala

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody:

It's our turn to sign off now. Our case got approved on 21st November, 03. Till the approval it seemed a long journey but now it looks not that long. Here is the chronological sequence of events-

Came to US on H1B in Aug. 2000 for the first company.

Changed job in 4 months and joined the 2nd company in Dec. 2000.

Filed for labor (RIR) in March 2001 from the 2nd company.

Labor approved in 1st week of March 2002.

Filed for I-140 in mid March 2002.

I-140 got approved in 1st week of May 2002.

Filed I-485, I-765 in June 2002.

RD 13th June 2002 and ND 15th June 2002.

Recd. 1st EAD on 20th June 2002.

FP got done on Sept. 10th 2002 and got updated in INS system on Sept. 16th 2002.

Then the wait started.

Changed the job and joined the 3rd company in Dec. 2002 after expiration of 180 days, and started working on EAD. Attorney advised not to inform INS.

Applied for EAD renewal in March 2003 and got approval in May 2003 with an RFE for self regarding photographs.

Recd. 2nd EAD for self and spouse by end of May 2003.

Used to check on line case status occasionally.

End of Oct 2003 changed the house.

Attorney informed INS by mail about the change of add. Called myself INS about the change of add. about 10 days back around 13th Nov. 2003, and got it updated.

For the first time checked it two consecutive day and yesterday evening it was the same old message and today evening it changed to case has been approved for me and spouse. For our son it says the the case has not been found. I don't know what does it mean?

Now will wait for the approval letters to come by mail. Hoping the INS has updated my add. and receive the letters on the new add. If not, then again a never ending wait.

It is easier said than actually practiced but let's not get too much involved and addicted to the GC processing. It does not take us anywhere except making ourselves miserable. We all are legitimate persons legally entered into this country and there is no reason for non approval of the Green Card. Wait patiently, it will come one day. I wish Good Luck to every body and thank Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing an excellent place to share our views and thoughts. I will keep posted about the further developments about our case. I have the same User ID in Rupnet and will update the Rupnet shortly.

My case is EB3 category and it was filed in Maryland.

Delliwala

AOS Details

EAC 02 218 500xx

RD 06/13/2002
ND 06/15/2002
AD 11/21/2003

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Delliwala,

Congrats on your approval.

You are also right about:
"
It is easier said than actually practiced but let's not get too much involved and addicted to the GC processing. It does not take us anywhere except making ourselves miserable. We all are legitimate persons legally enterd into this country and there is no reason for non approval of the Green Card. Wait patiently, it will come one day.
"

but the issue is not so simple as people who have been waiting longer, tend to get a little more impatient and frustrated and also the economic scene for the last some time does not help.
Getting it on time is certainly nice but if you get left behind especially for no fault of yours, it bites.
Still I agree thinking too much about GC is probably not a good idea..

Regards,
san_1

Congrats.

But don't sign off. Be prepared to fight for your truly equal opportunity and your future benefit. Be prepared to kick Lou Dobbs' ass for his biased statement about Indian, and others.