Encounter

Soumy

Registered Users (C)
No I'm not talking about the Naseeruddin Shah movie( a good one by the way if people like Parallel cinema).

I had a suprise encounter with a BCIS adjugator at a Social gathering - Ofcourse I jumped in to ask what was really happening .. here is the gist

This is a lady(Japanese American) . She had an alltogethr diff story to tell.

" BCIS(ins) had done a great job upto Dec2001 when they were adjugating June 2001 cases in Dec2001(6 months) , they had 15 officers on the job for 485 alone, each were doing 15-20 cases a day. It all went wrong with the news breakout of the issuance of visa 's to dead people( u know who). She says John Ashcroft sent a letter to all adjugators to go back and look at all cases approved from 1999 to that point and also announced a Zero tolerance policy. So 12 of the 15 officers were going through each case by case of approved 485's ( family, employment everything)1999-2001to make sure there were no more goofups set to resurface.... that took 1 year. So the backlog started and then TPS was given to them as a priority. She says they are Elbow deep in paper.Each officer has to go through 35-40 pages for each applicant
including BC,MC,I140,Emp letter etc etc and because of zero tolerance have to be very meticulous. This is killing them.On top of it since most cases have crossed 12 months atleast in CA they have to issue a RFE (thats a local CA rule she says.. not applicable to other centers).

Just as this was being done, came the Sunrise program and another diversion. Inbetween because of FP expiration problems they tried to adjugate cases whose FP were within expiry range but that didnt work as people have taken FP at diff times and didnt co-relate to their ND. ( At this point ..for once I felt some sympathy).

She says they try their best ,but in most cases their hands are tied from the top.Every week there is a meeting and a new thing added to the process. If everything goes well starting Oct 1st they will have the 15 officers back on the job and we will see the difference.

I couldn't resist asking her .. what about my case? Dec2001. Come October you will see tremendous progress she says.Can't take up a partiucluar case.. but things are going to improve unless there is a fresh directive.

I had mixed feelings .. Anger sure .. some sympathy sure she seemed genuine and very knowledgeable.

I knew that #@$%^&* ashcroft was involved somehow. Lesson to all of us....after we gain our voting rights, let's all influence who comes to power with full vigor. Never forget what we are going through now, my friends.....NEVER!!!

just wanted to add:
Let's not have high hopes about Oct 1. There will surely be another sunset or sunrise for another group that these morons will consider more important. I can think of atleast one:illegal farm workers.Note that CSC will be the worst affected here with this issue.

thanks for the info

and it correlates with what we see from the stats, only 2 or 3 people are working on the cases.
BTW, according to rupnet postings, less than 50% of EAC approvals go thru RFE, so, they don't have this 12 months policy for sure.

Originally posted by Soumy
If everything goes well starting Oct 1st they will have the 15 officers back on the job and we will see the difference.

Magnificent fifteen?

Thanks for posting

Thanks for letting in on your encounter. The officers story is alligned with the oct 1 speed up.. story/rumor.

Hope it's true..

- Shazam

Japanese American was interesting..
Strange are the ways of the world... We have asian americans, african americans..etc. How about polish americans, irish americans, british americans, italian americans.... how come they are not segregated!!! All they did was probably come a little earlier than the rest of the <variable>americans... :D

Thanks for posting

Thanks for letting in on your encounter. The officers story is alligned with the oct 1 speed up.. story/rumor.

Hope it's true..

- Shazam

Japanese American was interesting..
Strange are the ways of the world... We have asian americans, african americans..etc. How about polish americans, irish americans, british americans, italian americans.... how come they are not segregated!!! All they did was probably come a little earlier than the rest of the <variable>americans... :D

soumy,

Thanks for the heads up! Makes a lot of sense! Just hope October speed up works the way it is supposed too. It is not that far away! We will see the validity of it soon.

Keep in touch with the adjucator and if she likes Indian food, invite her over a few times, never know how that will help your case! :) (and ours!) BTW did you tell her how much Adjustee's "LOVED" BCIS? :)

This is our first real inside scoop. Many thanks to soumy for penetrating into the Lion's lair! :)

DAMN ASHCROFT DAMN! HE IS THE WORST AG EVER! BLOW HIS BLACK HEART! BLOODY ANTI IMMIGRANT, ANTI CIVIL RIGHTS B@ST@RD!

Thanks soumy for posting the dialogue here.
It gives you sense of "thats why!!" feeling when you know whats happening.

The only thing I dont understand is, what is it in the story that it had to be confidential. Why couldn't this be public that they want to check on some old cases?

Actually I have her email id.. I'm tempted to send her the link to this site ... but then sanity prevailed.

I140
To answer your question yes I told her, there are thousands of Adjustees who just (love) them a lot ( me included). She said I wish they were on our side to know what they face day in and day out... well I told her most would love to..

Any takers?

ASHCROFT did his job well by ordering the BCIS officials to go back and check the approvals from 1999. It may look like a bad thing for the GC waiters but it is good for $our$ Country(hope we all approved and staying here for ever) and for our future generation.

Good job Ashcroft........................

Originally posted by wowgc
ASHCROFT did his job well by ordering the BCIS officials to go back and check the approvals from 1999. It may look like a bad thing for the GC waiters but it is good for $our$ Country(hope we all approved and staying here for ever) and for our future generation.

Good job Ashcroft........................

I disagree ... Ashcroft is a moron.