Employment Verification Letter

aurs

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I received my GC last year and after working for my GC sponsored employer close to 1 year I had to quit my GC sponsored employer and travel to India this year in April due to personal reasons,I'm planning to come back sometime in July/August.

Presently I'm not working for any employer , My question is will there be any problem at the POE as I'm not working for any US employer? also, is it mandatory/required to carry employment verification letter? What questions or documents should I be expecting at the POE?

Thanks

No other documents besides your green card + passport are necessary. Your employment history after green card becomes relevent when you apply for citizenship. However, judging from the length of your stay - 1yr, you are all good. Take care of your personal stuff + dont worry so much about your immigration status, lol...

All the best,

niki

Thanks for your response, but my actual question was what I should I answer if the POE officer asks with which company do I work for? or Why I left my GC sponsored employer? Do they deport just because I'm not working for any employer in the US?

Thanks