Employment offer enough ?

Nicosia

Registered Users (C)
I suspect I might get laid off very shortly. Obviously I will try for a new job. However, the question is, if I receive an employment based RFE in the meanwhile, will only the offer letter be enough from another company? (stating they will hire me exactly in teh same capacity/salary per the LC, once I receive legal permanant residence)

Gurus any thoughts?

Nicosia, it will all depend on the officer issuing RFE.
You can see the RFE tracker and note the different kinds of RFE.
They could even ask you for paystubs for last 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it also depends on which officer looking your case. From the RFE sheet, Officer #69 always asks for pay stubs, and the rest office are much nice. Just another example to show the random processing from TSC.

Originally posted by goastros
They could even ask you for paystubs for last 6 months.

And this is a problem because? All the paystubs are to check for is a) unautorized employment, and b) that your current employer is actually paying you.

If you have merely an offer letter, then you give whatever paystubs you have. It would be better if you have already started with your new employer and hold off on the RFE response long enough to get a stub or to.

The fact that you are already being paid a decent wage is strong evidence that the employer will continue to do so after the GC.

Originally posted by TheRealCanadian
And this is a problem because?

RealCanadian, That could be a problem for someone who lost job , was unemployed for few months and (say recently 10-15 days ago) found a job and then got a RFE for 6 months paystubs.