Employment letter Notarized

mateno

Hi, can anyone pls tell me If I need to have the employment letter notarized for consular processing interview. I have interview scheduled in FEB. If yes (MUST), can this be done in India and how many copies do I need to carry with me.

Thnks

Is notary for Original or copies or for both?

Do we need to notarize just original or just copies or both? What do
they affirm if it is only for original? Any ideas please?

Best.

What do they affirm?

Do they need any photo ID or pay stubs etc. for notary?

Thank you GC Despo.

Help needed

Hi,

We have sent my packet 3 and waiting for appointment from Chennai.
A Big mistake we did was without reading the documentation entirely,
my wife went to india , so that she can stay there for a while .
Now it seems like I have to get a sailing permit for both of us.
Will the IRS give a sailing permit for her , without she being here ?
And how important is this sailing permit ?
I might get call anytime in March , And I have to do something for this.
Please advise.

Thanks

No Title

It means that the representative of the sponsoring company (CEO, HR director, etc.) have to sign your employment letter in presence of the public notary. So you need to get the person representing your company to the notarizing person or vice versa.

No Title

I did not have any sailing permit and the same goes for many people going for CP. I know that some people had their sailing permit issued just for their peace of mind, however, I have not heard about anybody who really need it.
Sailing permit is supposedly required ANYTIME you are leaving the USA (for vacation, business, etc.). So nobody will require this during your actual CP process.

Sailing Permit was not required for my CP

I had a successful CP at Chennai on Jan23rd and nobody asked for it...

No need for sailing permit

At the time of my CP, I had originally planned to leave few weeks before the interview prior to getting P4. I went and get sailing permit for the peace of mind since I did not know what P4 will list.

You cannot possibly get sailing permit while outside US. I never heard of anyone which was asked for it (including me).
The damn thing needs to be inspected (in theory) before you depart from a US port, by any non-citizen working/paying taxes in the US, including GC holders. Now you understand that this document is not necessary because nobody gets it.

No, the person signing the employment letter has to present a photo ID

As Abu wrote, notarizing a document means confirming the identity of the person who\'s signing, not validating the authenticity of facts indicated in the document. All the individual needs is present a photo ID (usually DL) and sign the document in front of the notary public. Most bank branches/post-offices have notaries who can do this for fee. Check with folks in your office, someone working there might be a notary public.

regards

PCC

Hi,

In the immihelp.com website, documentation about PCC says that , we need two PCCs , one from Passport office and other one from local police station. My Father enquired about this and it seems , passport office people and local police station people are telling that there is only one type of PCC given by local police station. Passport office does not give any PCC , all they do is ask local police station to give PCC. Is this true ? Did anybody had this kind of situation ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks