Employment Letter Format

abibala

Guys,
I have my Interview with Chennai consulate in few weeks from now.
I had been working in the same place, X since my LC upto date.
But while filing my LC & I-140 my employer filed with EMPLOYER\'s address as @ ADDRESS_XYZ. But now EMPLOYER\'s address has been moved to a new location to ADDRESS_ABC within the same city. But my location of my employment address never changed, been @ the same address as in LC & now.

Question:
I was told that in addition to all the regular content of the letter, my Employment letter would also state that the curent address of the employer/petitioner is ADDRESS_ABC relocated from ADDRESS_XYZ on account of so & so..
(I don\'t know if they are mentioning about the location/address of my current work place, where I actually work.. & they decline to tell me the actuall contents of the letter until they issue it in the last minute, I don\'t get it...very ridiculous..)

But anyway, Is it a problem to have something like it in the employement letter. Inaddition to what I had asked them to mention, as follows..
- My job title, current pay, job responsiblities as those mentioned in LC.
- Employers intent to offer the job after immigration.

1) Would this kind of letter with change in the employer\'s address,
  pose any kind of problems.
2) What should the Employers address be in the first place. The location where the employee works or where the HR/Legal Dept. of the company is. Reason, why I ask is our company has different groups and departments scattered all around different places after the terriable tragedy of 9/11..

Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appericated..

Cheers....

Re: Employment Letter

The employment letter can be on your employer\'s letter head @ ADDRESS_XYZ. It should just state that you are based in their office location @ ADDRESS_ABC. That will be good enough.

r01 Thanks for your response... But...

I think I did not communicate well I guess...Here is the deal!

My Location of my work place address never changed.
But my Employer\'s HR/Legal Dept. did from ADDRESS_XYZ to ADDRESS_ABC.

Its not a consulting company. I had been working at address X as part of other IT department all along thro\' the process from LC to present. I also got my LC approved for address, X.

So how should the letter be? The reason for relocation of few Dept. to a new location is b\'cos of the disaster & that place doesn\'t exist any more...

Thanks for any suggestions & advice...

No Title

Not legal advise:
Letter head should state EMPLOYER\'s address and best if DS230 P1 and P2 would reflect same address.
I don\'t think it is required that it specifically say where you work (though it is possible).

Just in case, if your company is public, bring latest public financial annual/quarterly results with HQ address in there.

Thanks abu_lafya for ur advice....

I shall try & take the new Financial annual/quaterly results with HQ address! But I doubt they have that with new address, since its only the Legal Depart/HR that moved to the new address, ADDRESS_ABC.

Bytheway, If I\'m correct u need to mention the petitioners address in DS230part2 only, nothing in DS230part1 Correct?

Thanks again..