Employment Letter for 485

MAP-MAP

Registered Users (C)
I am in EB1A category andwas recently approved in TSC. While preparing 485, I have aquestion. Hope those have gone thru this can help me?

1) For the Employment Letter, Who should I ask for my Boss (professor) or the department or the school? What should the letter cover? Anyone have a smaple?

2) My wife will file together with me and I wonder whether she needs one? Someone told me if she is NOT appling for EAD, she doesn't need any Employment Letter. Does that has connection?

thanks for help!

I am in EB1A category andwas recently approved in TSC. While preparing 485, I have aquestion. Hope those have gone thru this can help me?

1) For the Employment Letter, Who should I ask for my Boss (professor) or the department or the school? What should the letter cover? Anyone have a smaple?
--------HR of the school. permanent job offer letter with your job title
2) My wife will file together with me and I wonder whether she needs one? Someone told me if she is NOT appling for EAD, she doesn't need any Employment Letter. Does that has connection?
-----------------if no I-140 filed for her and she is filing derviative I-485 then she dont need any latter, YOU will attach I-134 signed by YOU before Notary with her I-485. Sheapply EAD or No EAD she does not need Employment Letter. if she apply EAD she has to fill form I-131+Fee, Photographs and if she also apply for AP then fill form I-765+photo and pay the fees
thanks for help!

-----------------

Since your I-140 category is EB-1 EA (and you got approved - congrats!), you may not even have to have an employment letter. See my posts on that subject at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=233061, http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=231944 and other threads (you can look through them if you click on my screen name).

Of course, having an employment letter surely won't hurt.