employment contract..pls help

jojobet

i had my interview last week under schedula a category. Everything went fine. But they have not stamped the passports... requested for employment contract. Anyone has such experience to share with me.
thanks

Hmm, I've not heard of something like this. (How did everything go fine if the passports weren't stamped, by the way?) Under law, at an interview the must either approve of deny your petition. You can be denied under section 212(g) (is it? I'm getting rusty on this), basically saying that there is insufficient documentary evidence to back up your claim for permanent residency. This doesn't mean that you don't get the greencard, just that you reappear (not reapply) with the needed documents. They cannot just deny you for any reason.

If what they need is a contract, then I'd suggest producing it and going from there.

Again, I have no direct experience of Schedule A, and don't know if any regulations would be different.

Best wishes.

employment contract

Thanks for your reply. They have infact told me to get the employment contract and schedule another appointment. Hope they will give an early appointment date as soon as I inform them of receipt of the contract.

Thanks once again,
jojobet

By employment contract do they mean 'Employment Offer Letter' ?
Did you submit your employment offer letter with all the other docs?
Thx
Harru
GC approved via CP in May'05

jojobet said:
Thanks for your reply. They have infact told me to get the employment contract and schedule another appointment. Hope they will give an early appointment date as soon as I inform them of receipt of the contract.

Thanks once again,
jojobet

When you go for the interview, they usually request an updated job offer letter from the current employer, stating your position within the company and the pay scales and that you will continue to work for them after you get your GC. The consulate keeps this original and does not return it to you. However, I did carry the employment contract and the original employment letter when I started my job, which the consular officer did not ask for. Check with your attorney.....sounds like all you have to do is produce the contract (for example, some companies provide a detailed multiple page contract, some just provide a job offer letter, some, both) Guess your best bet would be to submit whatever the consulate requires, and you will be through! Good luck!

Card Received: 9/27/05

hi jojobet
what did you have to submit for the employment contract? can you also update me on ur status after the interview?

GS28 said:
Hmm, I've not heard of something like this. (How did everything go fine if the passports weren't stamped, by the way?) Under law, at an interview the must either approve of deny your petition. You can be denied under section 212(g) (is it? I'm getting rusty on this), basically saying that there is insufficient documentary evidence to back up your claim for permanent residency. This doesn't mean that you don't get the greencard, just that you reappear (not reapply) with the needed documents. They cannot just deny you for any reason.

If what they need is a contract, then I'd suggest producing it and going from there.

Again, I have no direct experience of Schedule A, and don't know if any regulations would be different.

Best wishes.

Hi GS28,

Just a question: How many times would they allow you to reappear to resubmit the letter? Suppose one reappears 3-4 times without getting it right, is it sufficient grounds for them to reject you? Is there any recourse for this as I believe no fraud/misrepresentation has been committed, just miscommunication. (Please see my earlier post for my case.)

Thanks for the attention!