Employment Based I-485 Interview

Luiz

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know the percentage of Employment Based I-485 applicants that need to go for interview? How long between the Notice date and the actual interview?
EB3-rir, Vermont, retrogressed

I have no idea about the percentage of Employment based applicants going for Interview, But definitely all are not required to go. Only a Few go.

> does every employement based applicant has to go for the interview ?

Only if there are questions.
- For example a curious mismatch between qualifications and the job a person is being sponsored for (someone with an engineering degree on his biographical form is sponsored for a job as 'specialty cook').
- a case filed from a 'notorious attorney' (iow words one known to file fraudulent applications).
- if there has been misuse of the EB process by the sponsoring employer (mostly of the consultant type body-shopper deals).

I heard that less than 5% of EB cases are called for interviews.

The length of time between notice and interview depends on the LOCAL USCIS office. Offices with little family based immigration (who all have to go for interviews) tend to be backlogged by many months, at times over a year. Other offices can give adjusment appointments on a couple of weeks notice.

Last edited by a moderator: