Employment based CPrs -which form of affidavit of support did you use for your dependants?

Marta

Registered Users (C)
I am going for CP - employment based. I just got a surprised e-mail from my lawyer. He told me that my affidavit I-134 is not correct for sponsoring my family. I was pretty sure when going for employment based CP I have to file I-134. He insists that I have to file I-864 and I-864 A.

I looked into this and the instructions for I-134, I-864 and I-864 A are as clear as mud. There is also something about DS-2000 not becoming public charge.

Could you tell me which one did you take to your CP processing??

For I-134 do you need one form for a spouse and two kids or three separate I-134 for each dependant??

Thanks a lot!

Marta

No Title

No response, so it looks like everybody here did Family-based CP. Anybody did go through Employment CP???

No Title

You need I-134.
I-864 is for:
* All family based.
* Those employment based, where the relative of the immigrant has a stake in the sponsoring business.

This is apparent from the instructions on I864 itself as well as the instructions in P4.
I am not sure, but think one I134 per applicant is required.

No Title

Thanks for your response! That is exactly what I thought but my lawyer said it it wrong.