Employment Based 485-approved In Atlanta

nch

Registered Users (C)
I attended 485 interview with my family in Atlanta on 11/01/2004. Officer E conducted the proceedings in a professional manner. Asked a few yes/no questions from 485 petition (e.g. have you ever been arrested etc.?). Asked for Employment letter and stamped approvals on our passports. My lawyer did not have to speak at all.
I still do not understand why they transfer my case for interview as I have been working for same employer for last 5+ years who has been my H-1b and 140 sponser and have always maintained legal status.
I would like to thank this site for providing great platform. Also thanks to some senior members who took time to answer concerns of people like me from time to time. I would particularly like to share my appreciation for GINNU in this regard.
With best of luck to everyone.

nch

LC 04/27/01
140 (NIW) AD 07/02
140 (LC) AD 07/03
485 RD 09/02
TD 09/09/04
ID 11/01/04

what did the interview letter asked you to bring

What did the interview letter ask you to bring? Was yours and your spouse's interview date the same and did you get those dates in two separate letters?

Thanks.

There were four saperate letters, one each for all family members. The date was same but each person was allocated different but consecutive time slot of 30 min each from 9 am to 11 am on 11/01/04. We reached there at 8.30 am about 30 min ahead of our first interview time. However, we all were called together at 10am were given the oath together. The list of documents required was preprinted list they probably send to all applicants. This list has been published by various members on numerous occasions.