Employment authorization

careemrussell

I filed for my spouse back in June of this year and have not heard anything from INS . How long does it usualy take to receive a work permit these days ? My lawyer told me it would take 90 days, no word yet. :)

It took me about 3 months. I filed my EAD in August 2002 and received it in October.

Good Luck.

I used Form I-765 for my EAD application and I sent it to the Nebraska Service Center.

I received a receipt notification from the INS two weeks after I filed my application (I-765) and then I received a notice from the INS again to ask for a copy of my state ID or driver license or passport. And I finally received an approval notice/EAD card in three weeks after I sent in a copy of my id to them.

The application process took me about 3 months. It was my first EAD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry cchong

cchong,

My question was not directed to you. I was asking careemrussell to clarify what forms he filed with the NSC. Did he mean a 765 or a 730?

Sorry for confusing you.

No problem canterbury.

It is good that I provided careemrussell with more info so that he/she can be more informed.

I am very glad that I found this forum (Timz, one of the members on this forum, told me). I didn't know anything about the process such as the 10,000 ceiling, processing time of adjustment of status (Green Card), travel document, etc.

This is a great forum for Ayslum applicant or Ayslee.

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother filed for his EAD this year. He filed with Nebraska Service Center. Form # I-765 , He received the receipt in three weeks and then the EAD in 8 more weeks. So the whole process was about approximately 11 weeks.

Chong I share your sentiment regarding this forum. I had been lost in asylee misinformation hell for about 4 plus years. Now that I have discovered this forum atleast it is helping us in making some sense of all the madness out there.

My experience with EAD has been relatively straight forward for past 5 years.

careemrussell if you can provide us more information we may be able to help you.

Originally posted by RAsylee
My brother filed for his EAD this year. He filed with Nebraska Service Center. Form # I-765 , He received the receipt in three weeks and then the EAD in 8 more weeks. So the whole process was about approximately 11 weeks.

Chong I share your sentiment regarding this forum. I had been lost in asylee misinformation hell for about 4 plus years. Now that I have discovered this forum atleast it is helping us in making some sense of all the madness out there.

My experience with EAD has been relatively straight forward for past 5 years.

careemrussell if you can provide us more information we may be able to help you.

i received my receipt on Aug26; however,till now i havent received my EAD..damn...