Employment authorization card/driver license

gusu48

Hi guys, I send my EAD renewal last July. I haven’t received the new one but my driver license expired. The DMV in Nevada don’t allow me to use the 540 days extension for the DL. And my home country passport is expired (Venezuela) so I can’t get the driving permit. Any thoughts or ideas in how long is taking for the EAD or other options to renew my DL?

When it comes to front end rep regardless of any office (DMV in this case), it always depends on who is the person sitting in front of you and if he/she is willing to help you or not
On a lighter note, if he / she finds you pretty, you will get help
Try visiting again and see another rep ... keep trying

For virginia, the rule is that they send the USCIS documents back to USCIS after scanning it, and whatever the feedback is, they follow that
I also applied for my EAD renewal and got a new receipt number in text and will get in mail by next week

My DL is expiring in oct so i will check this part with DMV in advance so avoid any trouble

My passport have more than 5 years expired so the DMV won’t take it, and since Venezuela don’t have any embassy or consulate I can’t get a new one. My question was if any one know how long is taking to get the renewal for employment authorization card or if was any other options to get a driver license without the new EAD.

My passport have more than 5 years expired so the DMV won’t take it, and since Venezuela don’t have any embassy or consulate I can’t get a new one. My question was if any one know how long is taking to get the renewal for employment authorization card or if was any other options to get a driver license without the new EAD.
They are supposed to follow the law (federal or state)
The law is that due to delay in new EAD cards, the receipt itself gives a 540 days extension.
Front end reps are usually confused and cant seem to think intelligently or perhaps they just dont want to take an extra burden
In that case, email the DMV with this situation and see what's the answer , they also usually call back with solution

For Virginia DMV, they even have a facebook page where we get help for almost everything, worst come they have someone call you if they cant provide a solution online