Employment Authorisation

salonichand

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for EAD under C-8 category, yesterday i recvd email stating...Current Status: Card production ordered....On February 7, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. whereas today i recvd another email stating.........Current Status: Approval notice sent. On February 10, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.

So, can I apply for SSN on d basis of this approval notice or do I hv to wait until I recv employment card? & can I go to DMV with this approval notice?

plz advise....

So, can I apply for SSN on d basis of this approval notice or do I hv to wait until I recv employment card? & can I go to DMV with this approval notice?

plz advise....

I hate to ruin the suprise... but same happened to me..... you will never receive the approval notice but you will receive the physical card itself in a week :D:D "I guess the system call the card approval notice" :confused:

after that, go aply for SSN, and DL :)

Keep us updated

YEAP you do need the physical CARD in order to apply for your Restricted Social Security Number. After you get it You shouldn't have any problems.
Although let me share with you guys Something weird happened to me back in 2006

When I received my EAD I rapidly went to SSA to apply for SSN and They couldn't find my status as approved and GUESS WHAT???

They said we cannot issue the SSN until our system gets updated they said that because I was applying for SSN too fast and the Authorization was not in their system yet. Soooooo
It took them a MONTH to get it in their SYSTEM I was so upset and I usually do not recommend to go as soon as you get the EAD card because they claim that if you go too fast you can freeze the system or something weird.
Whatever. Just wanted to share.:D

I got Restricted SSA and went to SSA after my status change, a lady from SSA office told me that we cant find your status in our system and ask her friend, she told her to check by phone. Guess what??? I got the UNrestricted SSA next week.

By the way good luck, you will be fine...

Good news to share, I got my EAD Card today, though I thought it wud take longer pd. So, I will be going to SSA office to apply for SSN. I hope tht too wont take tht long...I m happy tht atleast I can start finding jobs now till I attend my next hearing in d court...can anybody advise if I shud go to SSA office tom immead...?