• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Employment 485 and DV 485

Greener

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

I have the following situation:

I have employment based 140&485 filled 8 months ago.
And in March I will start filling 485 for my DV2005, as my number will become current.

The problem with DV2005 is that it is pretty late and the risk will be that INS will not make it till September. There are many delays that happen with FBI security checks and so on…
As my employment 485 is filled long time ago, is it possible that my DV2005 lottery can get my employment 485 go ahead without waiting for I140 approval.

And in general do you think that filled previously 485 can be used/shared to speed up any other 485 filled? Is it possible at least to avoid fingerprints one more time, and share FBI check from previous test?

Besides, there is such a concept like Alien number(A-number), which you are specifying in 485 forms and the question if you previously filled 485 at all. What do you think that information is used for?

the two cases will run independently of each other until the interview where you will be asked to abandon the other case.

A# is like SSN, although an alien may have a couple of A#s...