Employer's responsibility during the green card application?

mgccc_souder

I have been searching online trying to find information about green card application.

I found a lot about what the employee needs to do.

However, I cannot find anything about employer's responsibility.

I am looking for this because my employer said they would sponsor but the HR was looking at the detail and they think they need to pay a lot for me.

I work in a college, and my job fall into the special handling. Therefore, the college/I saved a lot because we don't have to do the recruitment again. However, they are not sure how much or do they have to pay for I-140 or I-485 and what their responsibilities are. As I understand I can pay for I-140 and I-485, right?

Now they don't want to sponsor anymore. I tried to find if there is any resource that they can look at and help to convince them to help.

Please if anyone knows anything, please let me know. I am hitting a dead end.

Talk to an attorney who can guide your employer with the process. There are a lot of complex, specific steps that must be taken in order to properly test the US labor market.

Talk to an attorney who can guide your employer with the process. There are a lot of complex, specific steps that must be taken in order to properly test the US labor market.

Thank you for your reply. I dont know if i should convince my employer first or find an attorney first. Any suggestion?

Thank you for your reply. I dont know if i should convince my employer first or find an attorney first. Any suggestion?

You should do the background research and just present it to the employer. It would be in YOUR own best interest to make things as easy as legally possible for the employer who seems to be unfamiliar with the process.

You "work in a college". What do you do there? What employment based category does the job qualify for and do you qualify for it? If you work part-time as a janitor it is a heck of a lot different than being an Outstanding Researcher.

You have provide way too little information to get any truly useful feedback.

You should do the background research and just present it to the employer. It would be in YOUR own best interest to make things as easy as legally possible for the employer who seems to be unfamiliar with the process.

You "work in a college". What do you do there? What employment based category does the job qualify for and do you qualify for it? If you work part-time as a janitor it is a heck of a lot different than being an Outstanding Researcher.

You have provide way too little information to get any truly useful feedback.

I am in EB2. I talked to HR and they think they knew but i can tell they dont know much about it and then they talk to the bosses with wrong information.... At this moment, they are not will sponsor. i am trying to put a package together and convince them otherwise. Any good resource?

I am in EB2. I talked to HR and they think they knew but i can tell they dont know much about it and then they talk to the bosses with wrong information.... At this moment, they are not will sponsor. i am trying to put a package together and convince them otherwise. Any good resource?

What's the job? What are your credentials?