Employer threatening to cancel my GC

AfterGC1

I got my pp stamped three weeks back and I joined a new employer the next day with a better salary. Now my old employer is threatening me that he will cancel my GC by complaining to INS. Any suggestions guys.. Is it possible?
I was working with this old employer for 6 six years.. He didn\'t pay me during my bench period.. But now, after I got my GC, he is asking me to join him with the same salary where as my new employer is giving almost 2 times of the salary than what he is giving. What to do guys?

No Title

Shouldnt be any problem. However you may want to check with an attorney since I have heard it may cause issue with citizenship.

GreenHopeful

No Title

I do not think employer can withdraw your GC. Its a bit too late in the game for them. Tell \'em to get real. There is AC21 and you may want to tell em the consequences of keeping you on the bench without paying or low salary

No Title

Some how I feel you should not have done it so immediately. You could
have waited for a month or so. Naturally, if you say bye on the next
day I fear you might have hurt somebody\'s ego very strongly. This way
you intimidated him and brought an intention in your employer to delay
other people\'s GC as well.
You can be selfish..but could have been lil more patient.
I dont think he can harm you anyway.

No Title

Hi folks,
This is what I think should happen. The job change is fine after 180 days of filing 485 but if we change job after getting the GC , this violates the intent to work permanently with the employer.
My suggestion is that if possible spend atleast 6 months with your current employer to cover up any potential problem.

No Title

Need less to say that you worked with a deli company. Only they can behave like this. I think he is just trying to thretan you. Please talk to a rawer if you can about no pay on bench. I went tar similar situation my deli employer did not pay me gal after arrival till I got the project And when I changed he tried to thretan me I just ignored and never made any sort of communication verbal/mail/mail And the I was better off.

No Title

jambuvant, I usually don\'t post much. But your English is just horrible. Please take a English class as soon as possible... just for your sake.

No Title

AC21 memo is out, and it favours applicant more than employer. If your previous employer tells cancelling of GC again, tell him talk to my attorney regarding this. Get the help of Attorney if required.

No Title

BEST : The spell check made desi=deli sal=gal and so on... That\'s why I looked horrible. Any ways I will be care full in future b4 I post. Hope you will not have to complain about my *Horrible* English

No Title

Rapidigm is sending out a letter to all employees with the original I485 approval notice. This letter indirectly says that they will be watching them for an year at least and if they leave the company they will revoke the G.C.

No Title

Yes, if you have done so please share your experience, we are really being threatened even after working for this company for several years.

No Title

If your sponsering employer did not pay U on the bench, you have a valid case against the company. Before he does something to revoke ur GC, you can complain to DOL or INS about that. Make sure that you have a vaild proof about your complaint.

No Title

Hi Folks,
   Dont complain to DOL or INS regarding the employer. Though the employer will get definitely get into a problem it will cause a problem for others who have filed GC with Rapidigm. By the way I dont work for that firm so there is no personal interest in my saying so.

GreenHopeful

No Title

Vinsah, looks like you are an idiot. Change the companys, nothing happens. Instead of guiding people in the wrong direction, please dont post your messages.

veeresh