Employer sucking my blood

bangloreboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have lot of my problems with my employer. The height is my pay check bounced. He told me lies that my client was not paying overtime for saturdays. Last one-half-year he kept me in dark on ot. Recently I came to know that my client paid my employer all the ot hours. I don't know what to do. I completed 180 days is it ok if I change employer?

RD 06/26/2002
ND 07/01/2002
EAD: 08/06/2002
FP 08/21/2002

Thanks in advance

Please do that..your employer is an a**h***, same my previous employer, he also did the same
i quit from him after 225 days and joined another company and i got approved..

good luck

Bounced Check is a sign of

Company/Employer having major financial problems. It might be that there is a big time financial problem at your company and please take this sign as enough evidance to start looking out for a new job.

Since you have already completed 180 days you should be safe but I know some company(s) where initially it started with bouncing checks and then later they stopped issuing pay checks itself. Lots of people have suffered this way.

Take care and get out of this employment ASAP.

Contact department of labor...

I am going through the similar situation and I contacted my state's department of labor wages and salary investigation department. I already filed my complain and investigation officer told me that there are hundereds of h1b mostly indian body shops are giving hard time to their employee. It will take atleast 2-3 months before my complaints will be heard. Guys kick on thir buttt before they run close body shop to start a gas station or grocery store. If you need further information let me know.

Is it possible to change the body shop?

Is it possible to change the body shop, but continue to work for the same client?
Of course all body shops have some statement in employment contract prohibiting this, but is it really possible for them to enforce this?

Thank you guys for your responses. I still have another question what happens if employer withdraws I-140?

gc_avm - did you consult attorney before changing job?

Thanks in advance

Re: Contact department of labor...

Originally posted by liftkarade
I am going through the similar situation and I contacted my state's department of labor wages and salary investigation department. I already filed my complain and investigation officer told me that there are hundereds of h1b mostly indian body shops are giving hard time to their employee. It will take atleast 2-3 months before my complaints will be heard. Guys kick on thir buttt before they run close body shop to start a gas station or grocery store. If you need further information let me know.

My body shopper already in chapter 11. He runs e-grocery:). I will follow your line soon if things doesn't get better.

Originally posted by bangloreboy
Thank you guys for your responses. I still have another question what happens if employer withdraws I-140?

gc_avm - did you consult attorney before changing job?

Thanks in advance
Look in murthy.com char transcripts. She details a case where Employer withdrew i-140 after 180 days. INS immidietly sent a letter notifying GC Process is terminated. But lawyer (Law office of Murhty) sent a petiotion to INS and case was re-opened.
Bottomline is you have to have a Good lawyer.