Employer refuses to give I-140 Receipt#.

adhocusage

My employer says they will not let me know the I-140 Receipt No# because it is they who are applying. They say they will let me know after 485 which does not make any sense. I have rcvd my Finger Printing Receipt # and have the A#;
Is there a way to find out the I-140 status / I-140 Rcpt #? Should employers provide the applicant with the Receipt#? How do i know if I140 is approved. One way to get an idea is to check with the Service center processing time. But that does not really say if it is rejected or passed.

Well, I-140 belongs to the employer, moreover calling USCIS won't help cause they will discuss this with employers only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also they don't need your 140 RC# at the time of FP they just see your 485 # and photo ID thats it
Dont worry about it and if you have an account on US site you can get from there.

You can possibly get your I-140 reciept # ( SRC number or ..) from
cashed personal check from the bank. Usually stamped at the back of the check.

Agreed, but usually an employer will not sent employee's personal check for I-140 filing (particularly to keep confidential).

My employer also refuses to give out any details of the I-140. Could this be to ensure we don't try and use AC21 to switch companies once the I-485 has been filed and pending for 180 days (as we will not know if the I-140 has been processed)?