Employer not paying what they offered

kaali

Registered Users (C)
They are paying me way lower than they promised and I have to work extra with out money. usual hours 9-6...is that right. Is there anywhere I can find what are the legal hours to work. is it written anywhere?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am in H1B visa

kaali said:
They are paying me way lower than they promised and I have to work extra with out money. usual hours 9-6...is that right. Is there anywhere I can find what are the legal hours to work. is it written anywhere?
I am in H1B visa

Only entry level get paid overtime. If they put you in Professional category, it is legal you don't get overtime pay. I used to work 10 hours per day excluding lunch hour.

kaali said:
I am in H1B visa

if you are getting less thanthe prevailing wage in your LCA, you will face problem in LC and in revalidation of your visa.

If you are working for a client (Consulting) and your employer is getting money through your time sheet (normal + OT), then your employer is liable to pay you over time. Are you documenting your daily normal and OT with your supervisor signature. If not do so