Employer not giving I-485 reciept. Please help

gc4now

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus and friends,

I have changed employer but my previous employer did not give me my I-485 reciept. I am trying to renew my EAD. I got the application back as I did not attach i-485 reciept. Please help me on how to get I-485 reciept or any altenatives to file EAD and AP.

Regards,
gc4now

gc4now said:
Hi gurus and friends,

I have changed employer but my previous employer did not give me my I-485 reciept. I am trying to renew my EAD. I got the application back as I did not attach i-485 reciept. Please help me on how to get I-485 reciept or any altenatives to file EAD and AP.

Regards,
gc4now

Not sure if you already figured something out yet. But here is my 2cents. Your employer/attorney has a legal obligation to provide you copies of everything that was sent back and forth between the company and the USCIS/INS. If your employer is acting up, call your attorney (not sure if you are still using the same attorney, my hunch is NO ) and ask them to provide you copies of alll the docs. If not, then you should be able to contact your local service center and request them for a copy ( I am not very sure about this though)

At the end, speak to your current attorney and see what he/she has to say.

hope this helps.

good luck