Employer not applying I-140 & I-485 together

shatan

Registered Users (C)
I have my labor certification approved. My employer is now applying for my I-140, but he is refusing to apply concurrent processing. He says that he would apply for I-485 after the approval of I-140. He says that its the company policy. Can anything be done. Please help me.

If this is the case then I cant change my employer atleast six months after the approval of I-140 rite?

Also I was wondering about the processing time for I-140 in Vermont Service Center

Apply with receipt

If the employer refuses to file concurrently, which is not very ethical, I guess there is nothing much you can do about it right now. However, once the I140 is filed, try to get the copy of receipt. If you have that, you can file 485 on your own alongwith the copy of receipt. The receipt should come within a week of filing 140 - in most cases.

All the best.

PS: I am not a lawyer and this is no legal advice. Consult your lawyer.

How can I apply for I-485 on my on? The approval notice for I-140 goes to the lawyer rite. Is it ok if I file it on my own. One more thing is that if I get laid off in the I-140 process and then if I apply for I-485 on my own, will I be safe.

Please help.

And also if I apply for I-485 on my own, how bout the work permits and advance parole.

Will INS contact me or lawyer for I-485

me too in the same boat

Hi shatan,

same thing here. even my employer is not willing to do concurrent filing.
some people told that it is not advisable to apply 485 on ur own even though u can . does any one have any sugestions on this.
so please update ur progress , shatan once u apply for 140.
i see most of them are concurrent filers in this site. so not able to track the approvals of people who r just applying for 140.

gcfile,
Any updates on your I-140. My I-140 was filed on 02/06/03 and my Notice Date is 02/13/03. My employer is not willing to file for I-485. He wants to wait till the approval of I-140. He says that its the company policy.

Anyone in the forum,

Will it expedite the process if only I-140 is filed.

What do I do in this situation. Shall I apply for I-485 on my own. If yes, then I need to get an employment letter from my employer, which I think will be a problem.

Any comments?

Me also have a stupid employer

My employer also filed only I-140 , despite I asked to do concurrent filing. I think it is unfair as my employer made me signed 3 years bond to file GC and he is intentionally delaying the things but ... Someone told me that I can file 485 myself and the company can not object to do so as 485 is the persons filing , not the comapany's. I believe (not sure) that I should be able get employment authorization letter. Can one tell about what we need in employment letter.
I had seen 485 form which looks simple. My 140 was filed 6 months ago. I am not sure wheteher to file 485 myself or not and I would like to have some suggestion. I think I shall have to spend around $1000/- ( fee $225 x2 , EAD $120 X2 , Medical aroud $400/-) to file 485 , even I go without lawer.
Does anyone can pass more knowledge about filing 485 . My 140 was filed 6 months ago at VSC in EB2 category , will it be beneficial to file 485 now. I am considering 485 filing for 2 reasons: 1. AC 21 portability 2.It seems concurrent filing is processed faster at VSC.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.