Employer Merger....new/re-file of I-140??? with AOS

hna

Hi All,

Please advise.....:confused:

I am on H-1B and I have a EB2 priority date of 10/2004.
LCA, and I-140 filed by my employer are approved and the name of the petitioner on the approval notice is "XXXXXXXXX".
My employer merged a year ago with a bigger university and so the name now is "YYYYYY" with a different tax ID #. This new name is reflected on my latest H-1B approval notice.

Now when its time to file for AOS. My legal consultant is advising me to do both mentioned below.....

1. Re-file my I-140 with a cover letter explaining that the petitioner has merged with a different company but all policies and procedures pertaining to the beneficiarys' employment remain the same.

2. File I-485, AP, EAD with old I-140 approval notice.

The consultant says this is to play safe and will save time incase USCIS has a problem. Also that after July 31, the fees will be higher.

But, i am not sure and think that this would rather cause confusion and also what if the processing of AOS applications (in thousands) is based on approved vs. non-approved I-140 cases.

Is this something that could be done with a simple cover letter, plus some evidence of institutional merger????

Please help.......:(

Best,
hna