employer letter for H1 revalidation stamp

mgyuan

Registered Users (C)
I am considering to apply for the revalidation of my H1 and family\'s H4 visas (visa stamp on passport). I am going to ask my employer to write a letter. I looked at the sample letter at www.immihelp.com, but was not sure if I understood the intent of this letter. My question is:

In the employer\'s letter, should the purpose of travel abroad be for busibess? If the letter says this, then what is the purpose of travel for my spouse and kids? If the letter sayes that I need H1 visa and my family need visas for going home country, will my application be rejected?

I appreciate any one\'s reply!

Employer Letter

The letter says right. YOur travel will be for business. Your family will be accompanying you while you are travelling. that is the whole idea of dependant visa.

Do i need a third-country visa?

Hi Revicom,

Thank you for your reply. Since our company has Japanese customers, I am going to ask them to state "visit customers in Japan" in the letter. Do you think the Dept of State will ask me to take the visa to Japan first? Actually , I am planning to go to China this summer. Since I am under such an impression that the revalidation of H1/H4 visas may be rejected even though I have an approved I-797, I am not sure if they will reject my case.

I would apprecite it if any one can give me some suggestions!

Employer letter

hey, dont mention any countries. just take the letter as

Based on the continuing need of Mr. XX to travel for the duration of his temporary stay, we respectfully request your office revalidate the visa of Mr. XX and his wife YY.

In the subject mention

H1 Visa revalidation for XX
H4 revalidation for YY

A little confusion with Form DS-156 (purpose of trip, when to arrive in US...)

Thank you very much for the info. Did any of you prepared the DS-156 & DS-157 by yourself? I was not sure if I understood the intent of the forms. What confused me now are the questions 19 through 23 in DS-156.
19. What is the purpose of your trip? ->Can I say "continuing employment at XXX company" for myself, and "accompanying my husband/father" for my wife/child?
22. How long do you intend to stay in the US? ->Should I put the expire date of my current H1 approval (Form I-797)?
23. Who will pay for your trip? -> Should I put my employer?

I do thank you all for answering to my simple questions!

can any body give some advice?

Sorry for my simple questions. But I do want to make sure if I am doing correctly. Thank you in advance!

No Title

19. Your response is appropriate
22. yes , expiry of H1B is correct (either date or phrase)
23. If your employer is paying, say employer.