Employer exploited

Hi Chito,
Thanks very much for taking time to reply to my query! So my understanding is that within 2 years of quitting my employer, I should file a complaint with the DOL. Please correct me if I am wrong. As you explained, this is 4 years in the event I don’t have a formal agreement with my company. I was just given an offer letter that I should pay them $6500 as liquidated damages if I leave them prior to the completion of my project. So I guess I will have 4 years from the time of my resignation. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Regards...

No. 2 years is statute limit for verbal agreements. Remember, offer letter, employment verification letter, insurance certificate, time sheets any communication to your employer by emails/faxes would constitute as evidence only to support your claim. But dont wait till 2 years. It is always better if you file it as soon as you can.

chito

DONT worry about "damages of $6500" in offer letter. they dont hold any value. those are the things made up by employers to scare ppl.

chito

Chito,
Once again, sincere thanks to you. As you suggested, I will try to file a complaint asap if the situation warrants. You've paved the way for justice :)

I would appreciate Feedback from people who filed WH-4 forms and still managed to successfully use the "Protection" and stay on with another employer....

Remember, "a benched consultant and gap in payment of salary/s is a hanging sword on employer".
- Prepare complaint and forward it to DOL review board and enjoy.
- Get a 33% lawyer based on monies get recovered
- Approach employers with ...., be brave, speak for truth and rights.
I have honor to crack-down, two desi companies, successefully. Disappeared from US soils. A contribution towards law abiding society.
"Miser-able enables".