Employer change & I-140

shekar_raja

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently in July 2007. I got an RFE on my I 140 recently and submitted the required documents.
I also applied for EAD and AP and have both of them and currently working using my EAD.
I plan to change my employer after I receive the approval notice. Here are a few questions I have -
1. I plan to change my employer but do not intend to work immediately. Can I remain on EAD without working?
2. If my employer revokes the I 140 (after it has been approved), and I am not working at the time it has been revoked, will my status be affected? Will the revoking effect my GC processing?
3. I know we can file for AC 21 but this is possible only when I have found an employer, so what needs to be done in the interim?

Please help...

Thanks in advance,

1. Yes you can be on ead without working but your gc process is always supported by some employer. So to port it to next emp he needs to file I-9 for you and now your gc is supported by him.You can be without paycheck (unlike h-1) but you need to have an employer to support your gc.
if everything goes smooth you would be fine, but if you receive any query on your I 485 you would face trouble.

Hope that helps