Emp Verification

J2k4

Registered Users (C)
Everyone,
I got my GC one year ago .. changed employer 1 month ago, and given co-employer number as ref to my new employer. My co-employer went on vacation for 1 month and he just came today and told me that there are couple of msg's from USCIS regarding employment verification. No body from current employer called him for reference.

I was shocked, why USCIS called him for verification?. Please advice me anything wrong in this?. Why USCIS called for reference. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
That is really strange.

I thought they wouldn't know what you are doing after 1 year from the approval. Did you notify them after you have changed the employer or?

Why did they triggered the verification now? There should have been some kind of update to USCIS from your side or emplyers side, right?

Plus, we won't give our co-workers reference numbers to USCIS, so how did they get your co wroker number?

-Ravi Surya.

I never gave co-worker number to uscis, but to my new employer ... seems my new employer updated some thing with uscis and hence they called what ever reference new employer provided. Asked my co-employee return the call and find out what they are looking for. Will update ..

Do i have to update any thing with uscis?
I already filled form I-9 for employement verification for new employer, i don't think i have to do any thing else. Thanks for the response.

Thats mistake

Sorry,
A company named USIS called for background check .. not USCIS. Thanks

That was hilarious.
I guess we are so shit scared of anything starting with letters 'US or 'UC' that we immediately we relate them to UCSIS. 4-5 years of GC nightmars will carry for the rest of our lives I guess.
Don't name your son starting with US or UC. Everytime his name is called out you will be running for cover.