Emp.Letter RFE and Laid Off!!

Lakshman

Registered Users (C)
What can I do in this situation? I was laid off a couple of weeks ago. Now I get an RFE for employment letter!

No Title

Can you go back to your employee and tell him you are on unpaid vacation for next moths and get the RFE answered ?
BTW Do you have an EAD ?
All the best.

Don\'t worry!

You need to get a letter from your ex-employer stating therein that he
is still interested in hiring you after your greencard petition is
approved.

Ex-employer letter may not happen!

These guys are creeps. They may not give me that letter. They are giving everyone (citizens etc) a Leave of Absence option. But they did not give it to me because of my "immigration situation". It was a severance package.

Should I just take another job (a crappy one for now), of course with a similar job description??

go for another "similar" job if that option is available

Go ahead and get employment in similar job and get letter from new employer. However, I would check w/ lawyer for sure!

Any more ideas?

Thanks for all your replies. Does anyone have another viewpoint?

Thanks again. This board is the greeatest in the world!

I think ...

I think you should have a diplomatic conversation with your employer. Explain the critical situation you
are in and maybe they can work something out for you. Try all the possibilities you may have ... don\'t
close doors!
I wish the best for you ... good luck and think positively!!

No EAD!

My employer did not file for an EAD. I wish I would have come to this board earlier and got educated on its importance. I applied for one 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, silmat, what do I need the letter from my employer to say? Should it be that they will hire me back? There is a sample on Immitracker. It says the offer could be rescinded at any time. That is good for my employer but I don\'t know how INS will look at it.

Thanks for your help.

You may be able to get some help from your lawyer

I think the best way to deal with the situation is to contact a lawyer ... they are the
only ones that can give legal and effective advice. If your lawyer is not helpful, try to contact
other lawyers.
We are sort of in the same boat and in some way or another we can only be supportive and
give some insights, if you will.

No Title

find a job immediately with the same job title...i believe you have 90 days to reply for an RFE?

No Title

Stay Positive and try to work something with your employer( I know its difficult but not its not impossible). Same time try hard to get some similar kind of job. Now itself consult your attorney (not your company attorney). I am in your situation now. I bought some more time by surrendering my vacations.