Emergency Immigration Workload Reduction and Homeland Security Enhancement Act of 200

No Way In Hell Will This Ever Pass

This seems to me to be one of those anti immigration bills that pops up from time to time. I would expect that it has zero chance of passing the house and less than that of getting through the senate.

Paul buddy hope you are right

One friend of mine also forwarded this link to me today. So what we have been getting: slowing down to freeze to resume for a while and then slow down to a snail pace, finally suspension of AOS?

God bless us!

--Shamu

scary but reality

I think that this undeclared slowdown we are seeing now is a result of this pending bill.

Why do you guys worry too much

What the hell INS can do more than deport all the nonimmigrant from the country. Let them do it and then they will see the importance of our work, I am fed up with living life on INS's pitty. I would love to see such bills either passed or destroyed once for all.

U guys, Don't think that I am safe here, I am working on EAD, ND 4/1/2002 and more than willing to leave the country rather than living in confusion since last 3.5 yrs.

Good Luck to all.

HR 2235

To suspend certain nonessential visas, in order to provide temporary workload relief critical to the successful reorganization of the immigration and naturalization functions of the Department of Homeland Security, to ensure that the screening and monitoring of arriving immigrants and nonimmigrants, and the deterrence of entry and settlement by illegal or unauthorized aliens, is sufficient to maintain the integrity of the sovereign borders of the United States, and for other purposes.

The bill does not talk about how long will the nonessential visas which included adjustment of status be suspended.
Also if you go thru this bill, u may realize that they want to stop all kind of immigration period.

amit1971, UR right. The worst that can happen is we go back to our native countries.

Atleast, I will be able to pursue my dream of opening a resturant rather than being a telecom architect working on no good voice over IP stuff... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To reduce the paranoia ...

You may also want to check out the following link from the same site

http://www.theorator.com/bills108/hr1830.html

It takes all kinds of people to make this world. Some do good things like introduce the above mentioned bill that benefits immigrants. Others do the reverse.

Have faith in the process. The fact remains that in 2010, the US workforce is going to reduce drastically due to retirement of the baby boomers. They need skilled professionals to fill those jobs. Recessions come and go , but from a long term perspective, the economy keeps growing and needs professionals to fuel that growth.

So please relax and wait for the day when your GC gets approved and all this will be behind you.

All of you,enjoy your weekend!!

Last edited by a moderator: