EMERGENCY HELP: Question about to get Continuous Paystub for I-485

rksoftsanjay

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,
Waiting to applying for I-485 within couple of Months, PD is 06/19/1999. Currently on bench with an American Company without bench pay, I do understand by law they are suppose to pay bench. But If I request for a bench pay chances are they might pull my H1B and I-140. Since on bench, my company has instructed me to go on a vacation to INDIA and come back with upgraded skill, also have a valid employment letter.

Question:
1] One of my friend called and told me that "I would get into problems while applying for I-485 If I don\'t get continuous Pay stub (salary) from my company", Irrespective of whether working or Not. Is this true my friends, Please instruct me so.

I do know I should not be out of status at anypoint, I do not know about the pay. Please instruct me Bro\'s

What is the best suggestion to deal in this kind of situation.

Note: I cannot compell my company to pay bench, The chances are they can pull my H1B and I-140

Later
rksoftsanjay

No Title

Since GC is for a future employment, a person may not have worked with the company a single day.

No Title

So, Jim, does this mean if a person is laid off in the I485 stage, he/she will still get the gc approved inspite of not having a job when the approval time comes?

Thanks

No Title

not exactly ..the employer has to show the employment for the person and support the gc process. For a laid off case, the company may terminate the gc process.

No Title

I agree with Jim.... when the RFE is requested, what is critical that you need to have an letter of employment offer after you get your GC, since GC is for future job. However, they would also require some pay stubs for x many times. This is in case you changed the companies. However, if you did not change company, but are on bench and not getting paid, then the attorney can easily draft an explanation letter.