Emergency Appointment for H1 and H4

nyjune1

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am going to India with my wife and we need to get the H1 and H4 stamped. We have the approved petitions. I know they allow the emergency appointment for H1 based on the need to return to work. But how about H4? Can that be included in the same appointment? Also how do we book the emergency appointment on VFS website , as it doesn't show the option when starting the new appointment.

We have paid money to HDFC already. So we have both the barcode numbers.

Thanks in advance

Emergency Appointment

I am the same situation..

My H1 expires on Oct 2006. Filed for Extension under premium processing and have not received any feedback yet.
I have to travel to India in August 06 and have to be back in the US.

Assuming I get the approval and I cannot get my visa stamped (Chennai Consulate!!!) can I still travel back to the US and have no problems at customs since I have the approved extended H1??

Please advise.... HELP wanted..

Visa Stamping for H1 and H4

I am going to India with my wife and we need to get the H1 and H4 stamped. We have the approved petitions. I know they allow the emergency appointment for H1 based on the need to return to work. But how about H4? Can that be included in the same appointment? Also how do we book the emergency appointment on VFS website , as it doesn't show the option when starting the new appointment.

Dear NYJune,

You can certainly include H1 and H4 for the same date of appointment. The vfs website does give you that option as people on H4 are family members. Although, the website says emergency appointment is for H1 an does not specify about H4, while making the appointment say continue to add family members to the date of appointment.

I did the same thing a couple of months ago and we got the appointment on the same day. My wife, child and myself all appeared on the same day for the interview. The only difference is they may allot you 2 different time slots, but present your applications together at the window along with the respective appointment letters.

Hope this helps, for further queries just drop a line in the forum. Good luck

Subramanya

subramanya said:

Dear NYJune,

You can certainly include H1 and H4 for the same date of appointment. The vfs website does give you that option as people on H4 are family members. Although, the website says emergency appointment is for H1 an does not specify about H4, while making the appointment say continue to add family members to the date of appointment.

I did the same thing a couple of months ago and we got the appointment on the same day. My wife, child and myself all appeared on the same day for the interview. The only difference is they may allot you 2 different time slots, but present your applications together at the window along with the respective appointment letters.

Hope this helps, for further queries just drop a line in the forum. Good luck

Subramanya

Do we have to take our kid along for the interview? I thought kids under 14 are not required to make an appearance?

dhm2002

Visa Stamping for H1 and H4

Do we have to take our kid along for the interview? I thought kids under 14 are not required to make an appearance?

Dear dhm

Of course, you need to take your kid(s) along with you to the interview. I hope you have taken an appointment for them by paying the necessary visa fees and completed formalities like filling the DS-156 and 157.

Make no mistake, they may not be interviewed as you are, but all the paper work is he same including the fees.

Hope this helps

Subramanya

Visa and Petition

I am the same situation..

My H1 expires on Oct 2006. Filed for Extension under premium processing and have not received any feedback yet.
I have to travel to India in August 06 and have to be back in the US.

Assuming I get the approval and I cannot get my visa stamped (Chennai Consulate!!!) can I still travel back to the US and have no problems at customs since I have the approved extended H1??

Please advise.... HELP wanted..

Hi,

Absolutely, Positively NO!!!. Once you are out of the country you need to get a visa stamped on your passport at the consulate of your choice to reenter US.

If your visa is not stamped and reenter US, first you will subject to questioning (at times severe) and the possibility of deportation are very high.

In which case if you go to stamping after that it becomes a legal issue and an immigrtion lawyer will have to sort it out. All this of course takes time, money, agony resources and you name it.

If everyone can travel back to US on an approved H1 petition then this forum need not exist and we need not speak so much about stamping and related issues.

Does this clarify your doubt? Drop a string in the forum for further suggestions by others

Subramanya

subramanya said:

Dear dhm

Of course, you need to take your kid(s) along with you to the interview. I hope you have taken an appointment for them by paying the necessary visa fees and completed formalities like filling the DS-156 and 157.

Make no mistake, they may not be interviewed as you are, but all the paper work is he same including the fees.

Hope this helps

Subramanya

Hi
Yes I have taken appt for my kid too. But I read somewhere that kids under 14 do not have to go with the parents for the actual interview. I am trying to figure out where I read that.

thanks for your reply
dhm2002

Presence of child at interview

Hi
Yes I have taken appt for my kid too. But I read somewhere that kids under 14 do not have to go with the parents for the actual interview. I am trying to figure out where I read that.

thanks for your reply
dhm2002

dhm2002
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dhm2002
Find all posts by dhm2002
Add dhm2002 to Your Buddy List

Hi DHM

The following statement at point # 6 and 8 of the VFS website should clarify your point. The kids under 14 and above 79 need not be fingerprinted but they have accompany their parents to the interview.

This is in the event you and all your family members are going to India for vacation or any other purpose and need to retunr back.

However, if your wife and kid are not accompanying you to India and neither joining at a later in India, then the question of an interview for the wife and kid does not apply.

More questions? drop that line in the forum

Subramanya

Only for newborn babies exceptions are made.
(1) Please go to HDFC Bank and purchase a visa fee receipt in the name of your child.
(2) Log on to the website http://evisaforms.state.gov and complete the e-visa form DS-156.
(3) You may then get your baby along with you for the Interview. (4) Original passport, e-visa form DS-156 and HDFC Bank fee receipt of the baby along with your supporting documents should be carried for the Interview. If visa is granted the baby’s passport will be handed over to VFS for courier delivery.

All visa applicants, except those travelling on official government business or who are under age 14 or over age 79, will be required to submit two electronic fingerprint impressions. At the time of the visa interview, applicants will be asked to electronically scan the index (second) finger of each hand. Applicants who are required to be fingerprinted, and who have a cut or blister or other temporary skin injury on their index fingers may not be issued a visa until their finger heals before they can be fingerprinted. The scanned fingerprint data collected at the time of interview will be compared with fingerprint scans at the US port of entry to prevent the misuse of US visas by impostors and by those wanted for more serious offences. Please remember, however, that all visa applicants, regardless of their age or visa category, will require an interview.

subramanya said:
Hi

thanks for your reply
dhm2002

dhm2002
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dhm2002
Find all posts by dhm2002
Add dhm2002 to Your Buddy List

Hi DHM

The following statement at point # 6 and 8 of the VFS website should clarify your point. The kids under 14 and above 79 need not be fingerprinted but they have accompany their parents to the interview.

This is in the event you and all your family members are going to India for vacation or any other purpose and need to retunr back.

However, if your wife and kid are not accompanying you to India and neither joining at a later in India, then the question of an interview for the wife and kid does not apply.

More questions? drop that line in the forum

Subramanya

Only for newborn babies exceptions are made.
(1) Please go to HDFC Bank and purchase a visa fee receipt in the name of your child.
(2) Log on to the website http://evisaforms.state.gov and complete the e-visa form DS-156.
(3) You may then get your baby along with you for the Interview. (4) Original passport, e-visa form DS-156 and HDFC Bank fee receipt of the baby along with your supporting documents should be carried for the Interview. If visa is granted the baby’s passport will be handed over to VFS for courier delivery.

All visa applicants, except those travelling on official government business or who are under age 14 or over age 79, will be required to submit two electronic fingerprint impressions. At the time of the visa interview, applicants will be asked to electronically scan the index (second) finger of each hand. Applicants who are required to be fingerprinted, and who have a cut or blister or other temporary skin injury on their index fingers may not be issued a visa until their finger heals before they can be fingerprinted. The scanned fingerprint data collected at the time of interview will be compared with fingerprint scans at the US port of entry to prevent the misuse of US visas by impostors and by those wanted for more serious offences. Please remember, however, that all visa applicants, regardless of their age or visa category, will require an interview.

hi

we are all going together (me, wife and kid) and coming back together so I will have to take my kid along I guess
Thanks for yr help

dhm2002

NYJUne,
I am in same state as yours...I AM GOING TO INDIA IN OCTOBER AND THERE ARE NO DATES AVALIABLE.I WILL BE ON MY H-1B FROM OCTOBER.AM I ELIGLIBLE FOR EMERGENCY APPPINTMENT?

I'm going to India in December. I am currently on my 8th year extension and my attorney is filing for my extension this week. I should get a receipt notice next week. While filling out the Petition details, can i use the receipt number (LIN-xxx..) from the receipt notice since its the same as the final approval notice? OR should i wait for the final approval? Anybody has experience doing this?

I will be going to the New Delhi consulate with my wife for visa stamping. Currently New Delhi is booked up to Dec 16th and by the time i get my receipt notice December will probably be gone. Can i still set up an emergency appointment? Somebody told me that they dont do emergency appts anymore. Is that true?

Appreciate your early response.

Thanks much.

Shiv :(

Visa appointment

I'm going to India in December. I am currently on my 8th year extension and my attorney is filing for my extension this week. I should get a receipt notice next week. While filling out the Petition details, can i use the receipt number (LIN-xxx..) from the receipt notice since its the same as the final approval notice? OR should i wait for the final approval? Anybody has experience doing this?

I will be going to the New Delhi consulate with my wife for visa stamping. Currently New Delhi is booked up to Dec 16th and by the time i get my receipt notice December will probably be gone. Can i still set up an emergency appointment? Somebody told me that they dont do emergency appts anymore. Is that true?

Appreciate your early response.

Thanks much.

Hi Shiv,

You can always take an emergency appointment. They do or not you'll hav eto check the website. It so happens that at times the emergency appointments and the regular appointments have the same dates,in which case you have no choice

You can try vfs-monitor.com for an appointment out of turn. sometimes you get it quickly. Log onto it and research

Subramanya

vfs-monitor only for Chennai and Mumbai

Hi,

vfs-monitor.com is not for Delhi, If you know of any such thing for Delhi, please let me know.

Emergency appointment documentation

Hi,
I am planning to go to india in Dec with my wife.. as i am a returning worker website says i am eligibe for the emergency appointmnet and it also says that we have to prove its an emergency to consular.. Do you know if we need to provide any proof or documentation to consular.. if so what kind of documentation..

thanks

vfs monitor

Hi,

vfs-monitor.com is not for Delhi, If you know of any such thing for Delhi, please let me know.

We understand that the monitor is a general system applicable to any US Consulate in India. Sorry if it does not work for Consulate in Delhi and Kolkata. Best bet is to email vfs and let them know

Subramanya