Emergency AP

waitinglist2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My AP expired and new one is in renewal process.I have to go to my country to take care of some emergency. How do I get the emergency AP?

Also my wife is in my country her AP is expiring in 2 weeks. Can I get aemergency AP for her or get a extension on her current AP ? So she can stay longer in my home country .

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance..

Google for "Emergency Advance Parole".

You can get an emergency AP, but she MUST* return to the US before her AP expires, because there is no emergency AP extension that can be done abroad.

*unless she has a valid H1B/H4/L1/L2 that she can use instead of AP.

if we expidite her application too . Lets say she gets her AP . Can she use new AP to come back or she has to be here when new AP arrives ?

if we expidite her application too . Lets say she gets her AP . Can she use new AP to come back or she has to be here when new AP arrives ?

Was she in the US when her AP renewal was filed? If not, the AP renewal is invalid and she will be refused entry when she attempts to return, or they will deny her I-485 later when they realize she was outside the US when the renewal was filed.

But even if her AP was filed wen she was in the US, and is approved before the existing one expires, it still will be useless if she's outside the US when it's approved. She needs to return to the US before her existing AP expires, or the new AP and her I-485 will be invalidated.

You can get AP for Emergency by going to USCIS local office. But you should show them valid reason.

For your wife, no way she can't get AP when out of US.

If she gets AP when she is out of country, its not valid as per my experience. AP needs to get approved before she leaves.

If she planning to stay long time, May be you can apply for Consular processing. Not sure if this effect your GC process.