Emergency AP

helloUSA

Registered Users (C)
I just got naturalized recently, and my parents are here in the US on visitor visa. I would like to sponsor GCs for them while they are here. However, my dad is due to have a doctor appointment in our home country in less than a month - he is a cancer patient who requires checkup every 6 months. Does it qualify him for an emergency AP?

This doesn't answer your question directly (I don't really know the answer to that) but it sounds like it may be a smarter option to sponsor them via consular processing instead of AOS. That way they would go home and get their stuff in order and obtain their immigrant visas from the consulate.

This doesn't answer your question directly (I don't really know the answer to that) but it sounds like it may be a smarter option to sponsor them via consular processing instead of AOS. That way they would go home and get their stuff in order and obtain their immigrant visas from the consulate.

If a CP is filed, will the applicants still be able to visit US using their valid Visitor Visa?

what if their Visitor visa has expired? Can they visit US based on a pending CP for GC?

If a CP is filed, will the applicants still be able to visit US using their valid Visitor Visa?

what if their Visitor visa has expired? Can they visit US based on a pending CP for GC?

If they have a visitor's visa, that will enable them to board a plane and travel to the US. Actual admission will be at the discretion of the immigration officer. It is impossible to predict the result.

As for your second question, a pending CP process provides no US visiting privileges.