Emergency AP at local INS (Boston) - URGENT

bahut_dukhi

Registered Users (C)
Emergency AP at local INS
Applied for AP 9/25/03 at VSC.
Fedex tracking shows that it was delivered on 9/26/03 at 11:30am.

Waiting for Receipt notice. But, I am a little worried as several threads on this site have posts where the Receipt notice took weeks.

I need to travel for family medical emergency reasons (mom is sick). I do have some medical reports as well for what its worth as faxes from back home are not that clear.

Need advise on what I should/can do to expedite the entire process. I am hoping to take the receipt notice to local INS and request expedited processing.

1. On average, how long does it take for Receipt notice from VSC to arrive?

2. Even if I do get the receipt notice in an acceptable timeframe, does Boston INS office grant emergency AP? Anyone any experiences on that? What documents should I take with me? Should I take another check for the filing fees?

3. If I don't get receipt notice for say a week, will they accept Fedex receipt and tracking details on their website as proof?

:confused:

2. Even if I do get the receipt notice in an acceptable timeframe, does Boston INS office grant emergency AP? Anyone any experiences on that? What documents should I take with me? Should I take another check for the filing fees?

I went to the local INS (Boston) last week to get an emergency AP. If you have the medical reports, AP receipt and I 140 approved, they will give you the emergency AP. They refused mine cause I did not have my I 140 approved ( I only have the receipt). I had my AP receipt and medical report though.
But I think it's defenitely worth a try with whatever you have . I don't think they have any defenite rules. They may give it to you on humanitarian grounds. I think you just have to be lucky.
Take all documets you require for filing AP with you (including the check) and give it a try.

AP Receipt Notice recvd (VSC)!!

Just in case this might help some other poor soul like me.

I recvd my receipt notice today 10/2/03.

RD: 9/26
ND: 9/27 (They work on Saturdays?? anyways...)

Going to the local INS in Boston tomorrow. Will let you know all how that went.

Fingers crossed

emergency ap

i also have sept 26 th as my RD and have a family emergency

what kind of medical documents are needed to prove an emergency to travel and obtain and emergency AP

also do i have to an additional $110 as fee for emergency AP even though i have receipt notice indicating that i paid the amount for I-131

AP at local INS under emergency

I went to local INS (Boston) on 10/3/03.

Showed the AP receipt from VSC. Showed medical documents (doctor's letter and US/Xray reports). Also, told them that I called the 1800 number for NSC/VSC (which I had done) and they told me to come to Boston (which they did). They gave me the token and let me in.

At the counter, showed the officer all the above and told my sob story. He asked me to fill out the application all over again.

So, new app, 2 photos, and cashier's check for the fees all over again. Then he gave me a single entry AP for a month.

For future, I'd advise people to just try the local INS with all your paperwork even before you send it to the Service center. No harm in trying. Ofcourse, it needs to be real family emergency.

pay again

did you have to pay again...i saw a post indicating that since you have already paid you dont need to do it again

pay again

I thought I was pretty clear in my previous post when I said "cashier's check for the fees all over again".

Anyways, Yes I had to pay again.

I had the receipt for I-131 as well as the receipt for the check that I sent to VSC. But, he still required me to pay again.

Sorry to hear about your mother

They made you pay again for single entry AP for one month and
you will probably get multiple entry for 1 year later from VSC.
This is just my thought. I don't know for sure.

Hope your mom will get well soon.

thanks

Thanks. I hope she recovers soon too...

Thats how he explained it to me as well. Regardless, they kinda have you there and I wasn't about to argue ;-) I am leaving on 12th so I needed it...