Emergency Advance Parole

gc2005nyc

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I need to go to the local office and apply for an emergency Advance Parole. My i-131 has been pending for over 90 days (485 case) and no chance in sight that it will be approved any time soon.

Do you have any ideas what kind of documentation I will need to make my case for the emergency Advance Parole?

Thank you...

gc2005nyc said:
Hi all,

I need to go to the local office and apply for an emergency Advance Parole. My i-131 has been pending for over 90 days (485 case) and no chance in sight that it will be approved any time soon.

Do you have any ideas what kind of documentation I will need to make my case for the emergency Advance Parole?

Thank you...

BTW, you don't get a "interim" AP just because the application is pending for >90 days (unlike EAD) - You should have a real emergency to get a emergency AP -- like someone back home in a serious medical condition / life or death condition etc.
You need paperwork/documentation to prove that emergency -- stuff from doctors/hospitals confirming the nature of the emergency and maybe an affidavit from a family member attesting to the same.

Other than that, you'll probably want to carry your 485/AP receipt and maybe some form of photo ID and 2 photos (I don't think photos are needed - but better to keep)

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gc2005nyc

I am waiting for more than 120 days, not even LUD on AP, whereas I140 is approved and looks like some progress in EAD, LUD is 5/12.

Can u share your experience in case you go local office for emergency AP, as I do need AP to start work on EAD...

regards