• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Embassy email: wat does this mean, especially from u who ve done interviews?

janetgal

Registered Users (C)
i contacted embassy regardin my problem and was told the following. wat can u friends make out of it?

Greetings,
Unfortunately we are not in a postition to advise applicants if they should or should not continue. When you are ready to come for your interview you will need to present documents with your correct date of birth informing us at that time of the error.
Regards,
Consular Section
U.S. Embassy, *******

Yeah thats a terrible message.

but i suppose you can vaguely work out that the problem is that he/she put the wrong date of birth on the application.
What do i make of their response?
Nothing. Just do as they say. You cant do anything else.
Do the interview, perhaps waste $755 (or even more) and get turned down or do the interview and be lucky and get the visa.
Dont do the interview and save the $755.
If you do the interview you really would need to make sure you have everything else in order and give them no order reason for them to turn it down.

Search the internet and see if anyone else has been through the process and made the same mistake

hello everyone,
In order not to create a new thread I will ask here:
I got my second letter and it is written:
The attached sheet entitled "Notice to Visa Applicant" provides a list of the names and document status for the Principal Applicant and all family members listed for this case. Please be adviced that one or more of the applicants on this case may not have submitted the requested documents or have submitted incomplete documents, so check the list carefully. Orginal or certified copies of all required documents must be submitted at the time of the interview.

And on the "Notice to Visa Applicant" there is no list of req documents. Just my name and case number.. What does it mean? :) Where is the list of required documents? :)

Hi, got the same

hello everyone,
In order not to create a new thread I will ask here:
I got my second letter and it is written:
The attached sheet entitled "Notice to Visa Applicant" provides a list of the names and document status for the Principal Applicant and all family members listed for this case. Please be adviced that one or more of the applicants on this case may not have submitted the requested documents or have submitted incomplete documents, so check the list carefully. Orginal or certified copies of all required documents must be submitted at the time of the interview.

And on the "Notice to Visa Applicant" there is no list of req documents. Just my name and case number.. What does it mean? :) Where is the list of required documents? :)

Hi,am also due form my interview and thats exactly what was sent, On the same forum,i got to read about some one who also received the 2nl and had the same information but for her,on the sheet with "notice to visa applicant" they had indicated some documents she was to fill and go with at the embassy. i think was form 230,which we sent to kentacky. (The one she sent had something missing)

Do not worry,(am in the same position). there is no problem,that means all you need to go with to the interview are, what was stated in the first NL letter you got. ie,the birth certificate,police certificate, education documents etc.

I am sure your okey,like am also believing. Am due for the interview on 16march. i will keep you posted as regards your worry after am thru.

AM SURE YOUR CLEAR IN TERMS OF DOCUMENTS/ FORMS REQUIRED TO BE SENT TO THE CONSULR. THATS WHY THAT PAGE WAS EMPTY. NOW WORK ON THE DOCS STATED IN 1ST NL YOU RECEIVED.

have a good day

i dont think its that bad,

i contacted embassy regardin my problem and was told the following. wat can u friends make out of it?

Greetings,
Unfortunately we are not in a postition to advise applicants if they should or should not continue. When you are ready to come for your interview you will need to present documents with your correct date of birth informing us at that time of the error.
Regards,
Consular Section
U.S. Embassy, *******

Hi,Janet.

Am happy that you got in touch with the embassy. and on a positive note, i think you should just keep praying and trusting God.

Believe me if the mix up of the birthday was a warrant for a No, they would have told you so. But since they did not, they told you to just come with your documents proving your birth day, just go with all. I believe it will be okey.

Make sure that, your passport,birth certificate indicate the right birth day. In Addition, where i came from,my degree transcript also indicates my birth day. If you also have the same system,then all those will help bark you up.

Dont give up, since the embassy is also letting you know that all you have to do is prove your birth day. Am praying for you. i believe it will be okey.

have a good day.

I will keep u posted

Thank You. So no need to worry? Please write me after your interview, how was it? Have a good day.

Hey,that was quick,

i will keep you posted after am thru. keep me in your prayers. have a good day.

Greetings,
Regards,
Consular Section
U.S. Embassy, *******

Hello Janetgal! did you attend the interview? any progress so far............