email message to NABP

jnaik716

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,
I have read many comments from all of you, and me, or rather my wife is in the same boat as you all are. So I have decided to email the executive director, Carmen Catizone. I think it will make more impact if we send the email to the executive director rather than to NABP customer service. Here is the email address for executive director if anyone wants to follow in my footsteps. This is the body of my email:

Dear Madam,
My name is Jignesh Naik and I am writing you this email today because I fail to completely understand the new FPGEE prerequisite requirements set forth by NABP for recent foreign pharmacy graduates. I agree with the need for NABP to change the curriculum requirements for foreign graduates to five years from the previoulsy mandated four years, since it would be unfair for the students in the US. But I am in total disagreement with the fact that the foreign graduates have to complete the five year curriculum all over again. Moreover there are only a handful of institutions who accepts students from foreign schools. Isn't it the primary objective of FPGEE to test the equivalency? Should it matter then if the candidate has completed a four or five year curriculum? That the candidate is qualified should be evident from the test score itself. And if there has to be an additional requirements for foreign graduates regarding the length of the curriculum, it should be for one extra year instead of making them attain a five year degree. It's really unfair to the foreign graduates especially since, in most cases, they are unable to pay the tuition fees to enroll in these expensive programs. Please take these comments into consideration. I do apologize if these comments comes across as bit too harsh, but it merely shows my frustration regarding this issue, as I am sure many others like myself are. Well, I do hope that this email makes an impact on the decision makers and hope to see this regulation make way for a better refined rule. Thank you for your time. It's truly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jignesh Naik

Jnaik,
Thats a wonderful piece. I hope its gone already. Try and also send one to aacp. Their email is mail@aacp.org because they also contributed partly to the requirement change. You forgot to write the email address for the exec dir. please do when you visit again

Last edited by a moderator:
Exec. Director email address

Hello everyone,
I am sorry about forgetting the email address. Her name is Carmen Catizone. It is

exec-office@nabp.net

Please email her, everyone because it will make more impact. I will also send the same email to AACP.

AACP email

Hello everyone,
I have also sent the same email to AACP. Good luck to everyone.

Jignesh

I have sent emails to nabp, aacp, and to about five state boards including; GA, FL, CA, NY, OH. Please lets all stand and act now because America is about voicing out in order to be heard.

reply to email

hey,

anyone of u got the reply,i got the reply to my email saying " thank you for your request and comments"

which of them did you get the reply from. I have been getting replies from the state boards. They all seem to refer the matter back to nabp. I have not heard from nabp or aacp

I've HEARD from aacp and they have asked me to refer the matter to ACPE and nabp. I dont know if you guys have information in regards to ACPE. I m working on it

I find out about the ACPE. My mail to them came with this response.

'MESSAGE HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO ; DR J. WADELIN, director of professional Degree program Accreditation'.

I have followed it up with a letter to the address provided specifically to the Director.

The address is
Dr. Jeffrey Wadelin
Program Director
Professional Degree Program Accreditation
20 North Clarke street, Suite 2500
Chicago, ILLINOIS 60602

Last edited by a moderator:
YES, I suggest we all should send individual letters to him. By THE way I have heard from the nabp guys and I quote their response as below

Your email has been forwarded to us for response.

Please note that changing from a four-year to a five-year educational
curriculum requirement enabled the FPGEC Certification Program to be
consistent with the revised standards of US pharmacy school curriculum.

We will take your suggestions into consideration.

Cordially,

The FPGEC

dmanosei it seems to be a positive response atleast they are ready to consider.
We have to keep on trying hard like this......

i am a graduate of a four year course prior to 2003 and i am completely supporting your efforts.
i am glad that they are considering it now.

goodluck to us all :)

I recently moved to US as a permanent resident and i am currently in the 3rd year BPharm. Have been searching for answers that seems like are being discussed here.
What I don't understand is why do NABP require a ECE evaluation of foreign degree. They didn't say anything about who would qualify after getting an evaluation of a 4 year degree. If they are still looking for 5 year degree(no.of courses) in the ECE evaluation - all the B.pharm graduates are back to square one - why would we apply($700+$85) if we are to know we didn't qualify?

It would be worth if the colleges let us enroll just to finish only the required courses that NABP says after ECE Evaliation will be required to qualify for FPGEE requirements. and not the whole 4 years of PharmD.

Has anyone tried doing MS degree and do NABP then let us qualify for FPGEE?

I am awaiting a reply from NABP - for FPGEE requirements.