Email from USCIS: What does it mean?

SweatyPalm

Registered Users (C)
Received the following email today. Does it mean my wife's I-485 has been approved?

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC042xxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 11, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

approval or registration.
it may mean approval or just be registered or received by USCIS. You are the one who knows better than we do, because pretty much you know when you sent out the case. Is it visa available? EB or FB?

buzzhd said:
approval or registration.
it may mean approval or just be registered or received by USCIS. You are the one who knows better than we do, because pretty much you know when you sent out the case. Is it visa available? EB or FB?

We are confused by the title too. It doesn't really say approval, does it? I don't know what EB or FB means. Basically, I am the primary and received my GC like more than a year ago. She just had Biometrics code3 done last week. I assume this is getting close to "done deal" but this email doesn't really say it.

Did you apply for EAD or AP?
It may mean approval of either of this documents related to I-485.
Just my guess.

SweatyPalm said:
My question goes out to those who have seen/received this email before and know exactly what it means.

since I've never seen and/or received this kind of email, so I'd better :eek:

call 1800 national hotline to get your answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
SweatyPalm ... my advance request to you would be to come back to the forum and update in this thread when you actually do get the letter - please share with us whether it was an approval notice or something else. That will help us a lot next time someone gets a similar mail - we have been seeing a few of those these days. Thanks a lot. Best of luck ...

buzzhd said:
since I've never seen and/or received this kind of email, so I'd better :eek:

call 1800 national hotline to get your answer.

Or wait for popovarosi to post. :)

Yup, you should :eek: whatever it means :)