Email Enquiry

Silly Man

Volunteer moderator
I just sent an email to CSC at CSC.XII.485@ usdoj.gov.
My first time email :).

Any idea how useful/responsive they are? When should I expect a reply, and is there an auto-response? BTW, I sent it from a free yahoo id, does it matter?

Also I am hoping that the email doesn't have to be in a specific format, I tried making it formal, but I tell ya, it was hard to hold back from yelling at the dude who reads it.

> Any idea how useful/responsive they are?
You know that better than I do. Expect no info.

>BTW, I sent it from a free yahoo id, does it matter?
Nope.

>Also I am hoping that the email doesn't have to be in a specific format...
Nope. You can yell at them, freely. Release all your frustration... :)

you should get responce Immediately

Sm,
you should get responce Immediately, because last week my wife sent Email enquire directly to division 12, with in half an hour or so she got reply from officer saying that your case is later than prority date and you can send one more enquire after 90 days. bla ..bla..
For FP they said they said we should re do it.

patha..

Originally posted by Silly Man
I just sent an email to CSC at CSC.XII.485@ usdoj.gov.
My first time email :).

Any idea how useful/responsive they are? When should I expect a reply, and is there an auto-response? BTW, I sent it from a free yahoo id, does it matter?

Also I am hoping that the email doesn't have to be in a specific format, I tried making it formal, but I tell ya, it was hard to hold back from yelling at the dude who reads it.

I think you get mail back with text message that is being said on web - case status page :D:D

got reply

For my question on plastic card status, IIO said contact after 15 days, if the status doesn't change. But at the end of 10th day, process complete changed to card ordered. I am waiting for the card...now

I still haven't gotten a reply so far .. !!! Hmmmm !!
Visal how long before you got a reply?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent email couple of weeks ago and no reply. However I talked to a very helpful lady at 800 number and she sent a request to CSC after getting all my information and in three days I got a new RFE issued. Not sure she did it or 6 month of wait on first RFE was enough. I tend to believe she did something. So for the long waiters I would say try 800 number and if you hear an uncooperative voice just try again until you find someone helpful.

Re: you should get responce Immediately

Originally posted by pathapati
Sm,
you should get responce Immediately, because last week my wife sent Email enquire directly to division 12, with in half an hour or so she got reply from officer saying that your case is later than prority date and you can send one more enquire after 90 days. bla ..bla..
For FP they said they said we should re do it.

patha..

Patha whats ur wac?

I also sent a email and I got the response in 2 days saying they have no way of identifying who I am and they cant give me any information :( can anyone suggest what identification should be gived through email ? I had provided them with the Name and WAC no.

I sent a fax 21/2 weeks ago with no response. I sent two emails, one two weeks ago and one today and you guessed it...no freaking response!!

stillwaitinganw,

what was your seond RFE issued for? I am in a similar boat. My "RFE received" is getting close to 6 months..

Y'know thats a worrying trend. I called NCSC yesterday and the lady flat out told me that "I have no clue what they are doing at Laguna Niguel, but they don't respond to enquiries anymore".

wac 020665xxxx

Sm,
This is my wife's wac 020-66-5xxxxx
this what we got from officer.

patha

Ms xxxx,

Your cases are within normal processing time. We are currently processing I-485 cases with receipt dates of 11/16/01 and earlier. Your cases were received on 12/14/01 and 6/24/02. Please contact us again after 90 days. By the time
we are adjudicating your case, we may be able to pull your husband's case as well.

Thank you.

Officer Rxxxx
Division 12
I-485 Unit

____________________Reply Separator____________________
Subject: I485 - WAC-02-066-5xxxx
Author: xxxxxx@yahoo.com
Date: 06/05/2003 11:45 AM

Dear Officer:
My name is xxxxxx. On 12/13/2001, I filed
the adjustment of status application with INS.
On 12/21/2001, I received from the INS Service Center
the receipts for filing the adjustment of status and
related applications with WAC-02-066-5xxxx.

My spouse was added later with receipt date 06/24/02
with WAC-02-216-5xxxx.

On March 13, 2002 I did my fingerprinting at Oakland,
CA. I understand that the fingerprints are valid for
15 months. Meaning my fingerprints are valid until
June 2003.

For the last 8 months JIT {priority date} did not move
ahead even one day. Do I get another fingerprinting
notice or do I get approval within this time frame? I
would greatly appreciate if you could do the needful.
Please reply.

Thanks .

Regards,
xxxxxxx.

Thanks Patha, so you sent the enquiry last week. Damn I don't know what CSC is doing. I'll let ya know if I get a reply to mine.

last_gasp:

Second RFE was pretty stupid. Some document they already had. Was not EVL, W2 stuff.

My EAD application has also been pending for 8 months. I used both pending cases when I called the 800 number and she said "oh my god let me send them a request". Maybe they just send the second RFE to answer her request and buy another 6 month ... Hard to think positive after all this wait. On the other hand looking at Kashmir's data they seem to be approving a lot of cases compared to the past couple of month ...

Re: wac 020665xxxx

Your cases are within normal processing time. We are currently processing I-485 cases with receipt dates of 11/16/01 and earlier. Your cases were received on 12/14/01 and 6/24/02. Please contact us again after 90 days. By the time
we are adjudicating your case, we may be able to pull your husband's case as well.

What I need to know is, the normal processing time is 160 to 180 days, they said it first. Yet to see a case adjudicated within that timeframe, but they say it is. Patha's case has been pending for over 500 days. How is this normal?

Well my normal processing time says 975 to 999 days, and my previous ead took 9 months to approve, and it's normal time is 90-120 days .. what the heck is normal at INS anymore?

SM,

Is the email address same for all the counties? I am from San Jose. Though, I had used the same email id, just wanted to clarify. Thanks for your time.