• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Elligibility based on work experience - how to figure it out?

Carmageddon

Registered Users (C)
The instructions say:
; OR two years of work experience
within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform.
The U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net OnLine database will be used to determine qualifying work
experience.

Its unclear however, and I was not able to find a list of professions defined as "requiring at least two years of training or experience to perform".

Assistance, please?

I believe when I looked into this once what they are looking for are occupations that are in particular zones. When you go to O*Net, look at all zones http://www.onetonline.org/find/zone?z=0&g=Go.

I think from memory you need to have a job in zone 4 and 5 for sure. It may include zone 3 but I am a little unsure on that, but definately zone 4 and 5.

Q

I just had a look at that site, and if you click on the actual zone number, e.g. 3, it will say it requires at least 2 years etc.

:)

Q