Eliminating position after Invoking AC-21.

GCWaiter2003

Hi,

I filed my GC with company A in 2003, EB-3, India. Filed I-485 in Dec 2004 and changed Job by Invoking AC21 in Jan 2007 with company B. AC21 was applied in first week of Feb 2007 with company B.

Now in company B they decide to close the department in my location and moving all the operations to another location. They decided to close all the positions in the current location where I am working now.

My questions are:

01. What is going to be happened to my pending application? Am I eligible to file another AC-21 with new company C?

02. If I joined new company C on the next business day of the last day with Company B, AM I still eligible to file AC-21 with Company C? Are there any complications by waiting till last date with company B?

03. IF Company B gives severance package, Should I take it by signing their documents with company B.? Will this effect my pending GC petition? Will it give any complications to pending GC application by signing the severance package? Is it good to take the severance package while GC is pending?

I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks.
GCWaiter2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I filed my GC with company A in 2003, EB-3, India. Filed I-485 in Dec 2004 and changed Job by Invoking AC21 in Jan 2006 with company B. AC21 was applied in first week of Feb 2006 with company B.

Now in company B they decide to close the department in my location and moving all the operations to another location. They decided to close all the positions in the current location where I am working now.

My questions are:

01. What is going to be happened to my pending application?

Am I eligible to file another AC-21 with new company C?
----------------------------YES
02. If I joined new company C on the next business day of the last day with Company B, AM I still eligible to file AC-21 with Company C?
------YES
Are there any complications by waiting till last date with company B?
-----------------file once join C and C gives you perment job offer letter to invoke AC21
03. IF Company B gives severance package, Should I take it by signing their documents with company B.? Will this effect my pending GC petition? Will it give any complications to pending GC application by signing the severance package? Is it good to take the severance package while GC is pending?
---------------------That is not a problem for pending GC at the time of I-485 approval you need to have Permanent job offer and not searching for the job.
I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks.
GCWaiter2003.
------------------

----------------

Thanks ginnu. I edited my message. I joined in company in Jan 2007 not Jan 2006 and applied AC-21 in Feb 2007 not feb 2006 with company B.

Thanks for your message.