EL MONTE, CA - time line

Mushka

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am excited that everything seems to be moving along and a lot faster than what I had heard thru the years but I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone have experience with the El Monte Office, what should I expect?

Do you just study from the questions found online or do you need to take classes?

I live in the Valley, for the ceremony is there a place in the Valley. I remember my mom did hers at the Convention Center.

Thanks for your time.

N400 mailed: 1/2/2005
FP: 03/11/05
Interview: 06/15/2005

Mushka said:
Hi,

I am excited that everything seems to be moving along and a lot faster than what I had heard thru the years but I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone have experience with the El Monte Office, what should I expect?

Do you just study from the questions found online or do you need to take classes?

I live in the Valley, for the ceremony is there a place in the Valley. I remember my mom did hers at the Convention Center.

Thanks for your time.

study the 100 questions from the website. also, check out the big thread about Los Angeles Tracker. some people go / went to the el monte office since it is still within the LA County. It is easier to group all questions in the same thread.
also, your case seems moving pretty qucik. hope you will get your oath letter soon after your interview in June. when did you get your interview notice thou?

Hi,

So I went to my interview at El Monte yesterday and it wasn't as painful as I had envisioned. My appmt. was at 1:55 p.m., I arrived at 1:30 and was out of there by 3:15 p.m. I passed the test with flying colors and loved the fact that it was written and not oral.

The interviewer told me that it would take at least two months before I received my oath letter. Can someone please point me as to where the schedule for the ceremonies may be? I have searched hi and low and can’t seem to find them. I am going on vacation the last week of August and I sure hope it doesn’t fall on the same week.

Also, I didn’t know about the pictures, yeah probably didn’t read all about the process well, so when asked to produce them I panicked. I was told to bring them to the ceremony or I won’t get my certificate, I won’t forget! :confused:

Moving right along. :)

Oath: ??

Mushka said:
Hi,

So I went to my interview at El Monte yesterday and it wasn't as painful as I had envisioned. My appmt. was at 1:55 p.m., I arrived at 1:30 and was out of there by 3:15 p.m. I passed the test with flying colors and loved the fact that it was written and not oral.

The interviewer told me that it would take at least two months before I received my oath letter. Can someone please point me as to where the schedule for the ceremonies may be? I have searched hi and low and can’t seem to find them. I am going on vacation the last week of August and I sure hope it doesn’t fall on the same week.

Also, I didn’t know about the pictures, yeah probably didn’t read all about the process well, so when asked to produce them I panicked. I was told to bring them to the ceremony or I won’t get my certificate, I won’t forget! :confused:

Moving right along. :)

Oath: ??

great and congrat in your interview. what pictures were you talking about? the photo for N400 form? also, did you get a notice on "congrat'... etc etc"? do you know if your background / name check is cleared already?

check this link

http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/cacd/GenInfo.nsf/0/4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument