EFiling the EAD & AP

gckajadoo

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
My attorney is asking a lot of money to file/renewal of EAD and AP. I am thinking to Efile both myself.
1. Can I file EAD & AP myself?
2. what factors I should take care while filing.
3. How I can send my document like Passport copy or photos if required.
Please let me know what I need to efile

thanks

Hi,

I did my II EAD and AP online just recently. It is very simple.

I suggest you print the application, fill it manually and then go for online filing.

Initially, you will creat an account for any efiling.

Then start with EAD and then AP can be clubbed.

You will get the receipt # immediately. Also read the guidelines for efiling.

Then you will send the documents and go to local ASC for digital FP.

Thanks
GCDAYS

Gcdays said:
Hi,

I did my II EAD and AP online just recently. It is very simple.

I suggest you print the application, fill it manually and then go for online filing.

Initially, you will creat an account for any efiling.

Then start with EAD and then AP can be clubbed.

You will get the receipt # immediately. Also read the guidelines for efiling.

Then you will send the documents and go to local ASC for digital FP.

Thanks
GCDAYS
thanks for your suggestions,
I understand I have to send the documents but Do I have to go to Local ASC for digital FP ???because I already done MY Finger Printing with USCIS last October.
Thanks

You must go to local ASC for Digital FP which is for EAD.

This has no connection with your FP for 485 adjustment. It looks stupid but that is how USCIS wants.

I did my 485 FP on 11/6/04 but again did digital FP and photos ( digital ) on 12/6/04 for my EAD.

Hope this clarifies.

Also you must send 2 recent photos ( frontal face ) by normal mail along with other documents for AP. Do not think that digital photos taken for EAD at ASC will help. I got an RFE and I sent the photos now.

Gcdays said:
You must go to local ASC for Digital FP which is for EAD.

This has no connection with your FP for 485 adjustment. It looks stupid but that is how USCIS wants.

I did my 485 FP on 11/6/04 but again did digital FP and photos ( digital ) on 12/6/04 for my EAD.

Hope this clarifies.

Also you must send 2 recent photos ( frontal face ) by normal mail along with other documents for AP. Do not think that digital photos taken for EAD at ASC will help. I got an RFE and I sent the photos now.
I guess its a dumm question but can you tell me how I can find local ASC (what is ASC)
Also if I file via mail, do i still have to go for Digital FP to ASC??

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to go to Local Application Support Center nearest your area ( ASC ) IF YOU DO E-FILING.

Go to USCIS web site for local ASC.

In my opinion..

You should not file on-line if you are a first timer. It takes more time compare to non e-file, I believe. I applied EAD on Nov-3-2004 and still no news yet. If you fill the appln and send it by post, you need not go for finger printing, I think.

It is simple to fill. Attest all the required docs and send it.

Man

man1203 said:
You should not file on-line if you are a first timer. It takes more time compare to non e-file, I believe. I applied EAD on Nov-3-2004 and still no news yet. If you fill the appln and send it by post, you need not go for finger printing, I think.

It is simple to fill. Attest all the required docs and send it.

Man

Man1203
Thanks for your suggestion. what is the meaning of attesting the required docs, is that I need some one to attest the documents and if yes then who do i go for attestation.

thanks.,

Just send them!

Just send all the required docs along with your appln. You don't need to get it attested. Sorry, attest word is inappropriate here.

Man

Can some tell me if I can file EADand AP in the same package or do I have to file both these separately.
Anyone knows what document I need to include while filing EAD.

Thanks

The link provided by 'ix470001' includes everything you need. I used it to efile my 2nd EAD and got the Digital photo and FP taken at ASC yesterday. While filing EAD, you'd get the option to file AP as well. I didnt file AP since I have some leverage on that but I was running out of time with EAD so I just went ahead with it.