efile I140 just few days before 07/30

YouApproved

Registered Users (C)
Hi, guys, I understand that USCIS will use direct filing again and increase the fee for I140. If I efile my I140s, let's say on 07/28 but send my supporting documents on 08/02, which fee should I pay, the old one or the new one? I bet it's the old since I pay it when I efile. Now let's say the confirmation asks me to send the documents to TSC but I live in an NSC area (after 07/30), in this case where should I send the documents? Also based on your speculation, will they send the documents back to NSC? Thanks!

As others could also confirm, the date of submission is the day you e-filed. So you will pay whatever fee the system is going to propose on that day. You will be told where to send the documentation supporting your petition (likely TSC). You can send this documentation whenever you want. No problem if it is after July 30.

The place where you live is irrelevant too. Just follow the instructions on the e-receipt you will get when you e-file. All my recommendation letters where addressed to the NSC but it has no impact whatsoever on the petition either.

My only fear is that they actually shut the e-filing down before the date they announce (as they did with PP). So, don't wait for the last minute. Better do it sooner... Again, your documentation does not need to be sent right away.

Good luck!

Chris

This is interesting!

Here is what the e-receipt states (cut and paste of the pdf e-receipt I received):

-------------------
Thank you for filing your BCIS benefit application electronically. Your application will be electronically transmitted to the BCIS location at the address below for processing. You will receive an official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) within 7-10 days by standard mail with the same Receipt Number found at the top of this page.

Next Steps:

Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
• For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the BCIS Form Instructions links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm .
• DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you are submitting.
• DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
• DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
• DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.

Please mail in any supporting documentation to this address:

--------------

As you see, there is no mention of any deadline at which the documentation is to be received, though there are quite a few DOs and DO NOTs ;).

I just went by the receipt instructions, but I sent my stuff a couple of days later anyway, so I can't tell much at this point.

???

Chris

Oops... Something I forgot to add (I know it's obvious but...).

We all want to save a few bucks, but better send something really ready than to hurry to avoid a raise in the fees. If it means avoiding the burden and the stress of an RFE, a higher fee is no big deal :)

Cheers!

Chris

Well, I am not trying to save a few bucks but to avoid NSC. I bet I will wait and see how my documents go next week to make my decision then.

Oops... Something I forgot to add (I know it's obvious but...).

We all want to save a few bucks, but better send something really ready than to hurry to avoid a raise in the fees. If it means avoiding the burden and the stress of an RFE, a higher fee is no big deal :)

Cheers!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
When you e-file you will be paying money upfront with either credit card or checking account and get an immediate Receipt Notice with an RD of the date of filing. There is no way they can charge you increased fees. That is my opinion.